Delays settings on Boss PS-3

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kiki_90291, Feb 3, 2012.

1. kiki_90291

kiki_90291 Member

So I recently picked up a PS-3 on a lark and am really enjoying it. The detune settings are very nice as is the infamous mode 7. I also really like the delay settings. I can't really put my finger on what it is I like about them, but Id like to reproduce that delay in a dedicated delay pedal so I can use the PS-3 for the pitch shifting stuff. Has anyone compared the PS-3 to other delays? Do the old DD-2 or -3's sound the same? They are about the same era, right?

2. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

Check out the bossarea website (bossarea.com I think?). I was actually reading about the PS-3 earlier today, and I believe it mentioned having a different chip than the delays at the time... You'll have to read it, I may be mixed up as I read about a few pedals there. I'm thinking about picking one of these up soon, seems like a cool pedal.

3. fieldsroyal

fieldsroyal Member

I own a PS3 and a DD3 - they sound different but an old DD3 would get very close to the delay on the PS3 - the PS3's are to my ears a little bit brighter/clearer in the repeats.