delays with a boost

Steve73

Yeah, the Tech 21 DLA was the first one I thought of. The Timeline also has the ability to add a db boost to any preset.

ejkennedy

Yeah, the Tech 21 DLA was the first one I thought of. The Timeline also has the ability to add a db boost to any preset.

Yeah my El Cap had the same ability. But it was 3db tops. Not enough to be a real boost. Is the timeline have more DB boost?

flantrax

Gold Supporting Member
CB Belle Epoch
Caroline Kilobyte
Himmelstrutz Gekko
Probably a few more...

Tim Bowen

No dedicated boost switch, but T Rex Reptile & Replica have level knobs that will bump above unity.

ejkennedy

Like a separate footswitch boost, or just extra volume and you only engage the whole delay for solos?

Yeah this. Delay and boost in one switch. I have a LP Gen5 that works perfectly for this. Only problem is do not like the repeats very much. And Mod is just plain bad. Some people like it. I don't. Tech 21 has a V3 DLA and its looking and sounding MIGHTY good.

Mick_Braun

Gold Supporting Member
I have a Lovepdal Echophonic V2 and the boost is very good, and plenty loud enough to stand out if that's your goal. The poster above didn't like the mod and repeats on the Gen 5, which I suppose is similar to the Echophonic? Not sure, maybe he improved upon those for the Echophonic. I really like the way it sounds - great value for the relatively low price.

AlienInvader

Tech 21 has a V3 DLA and its looking and sounding MIGHTY good.

I've gone through a fair amount of high and low end delays as its my favorite effect ... The Tech 21 is my favorite. Super easy to dial in, can get crisp or analog sounds out of it with little effort. Good modulation effect. The simple tone knob on it is brilliant! A ton of headroom. The boost really works. It doesn't look as fancy as many of the newer programmable delays, but it's got great sounds that are easy to dial in.

ejkennedy

I've gone through a fair amount of high and low end delays as its my favorite effect ... The Tech 21 is my favorite. Super easy to dial in, can get crisp or analog sounds out of it with little effort. Good modulation effect. The simple tone knob on it is brilliant! A ton of headroom. The boost really works. It doesn't look as fancy as many of the newer programmable delays, but it's got great sounds that are easy to dial in.

The newest version (which I think came out really recently) is looking VERY cool. If you have the gold box or black box version check out the new one. It has a little dotted 8th button right above the tap switch.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom