Delays with USPS

Melldo

Is it too early to worry that I ordered a BK Butler Tube Driver from America last week and the last tracking update from it on the USPS site was on the 5th of January?

That’s nearly a full week and no news of it at all. It apparently left the sorting office in Denver at about 5am on the 5th but then nothing.

I live in Scotland so I’m used to there sometimes being a couple of days where it disappears off the radar but this seems like a long time. Anyone else experiencing delays with USPS at the minute? Maybe it’s just due to the backlog from Christmas or something but I hope nothing has happened to it.

bratch

We had some bad weather in the US this past weekend. It snowed like 8 inches in the Southeast! And cold like we're not used to. Brr.

meowmers

Normal for USPS whenever i shipped stuff from the US to Southeast-Asia, the tracking just disappears when it gets on the planes.

Melldo

Ah, i see. Maybe the weather has delayed things. I'll sit tight and give it a bit more time. Cheers for the info buddy. Wrap up warm!

We had some bad weather in the US this past weekend. It snowed like 8 inches in the Southeast! And cold like we're not used to. Brr.

Melldo

Aye it usually disappears for a day or two coming here too but I've never had it go dark for a week before. Maybe just weather and time of year. Fingers crossed it'll come soon.

Normal for USPS whenever i shipped stuff from the US to Southeast-Asia, the tracking just disappears when it gets on the planes.

gtrplr71

you should not worry. I live in Texas and USPS tracking info never shows up until delivered. I am sure its worse on International shipments.

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see it for another few weeks. I don't know about UK customs...but US customs here can hold incoming postal packages for a week or longer.

django49

Funny things have happened with USPS tracking lately. I have had at least 3 shipments where I was notified the package was left on my front porch at least 2 hours BEFORE it actually arrived there. Then, a few hours even later, I got a "pop up" notification that it had arrived at the Post Office and/or was "out for delivery".

At least in my case, all items were received safely.

adolan

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah i wouldn't worry too much this happens to me when i ship International stuff to ppl, it will get there though.
I just had this happen here with my Boss ES-8 it got picked up and was "In transit" and then never went to my local post office or "out for delivery" status it was just floating until it got here! And due to the snow on Saturday it was actually delayed and that was the first update i got from USPS after it was "Picked Up"
Having said that, they did however deliver the package on Sunday, which is not normal but i guess they got a lot of catching up to do. USPS is not the best by far, but they do get stuff where its going mostly pretty fast.

Jecswp

I wouldn't worry. I bought a pedal from a seller in London. It arrived in Chicago on 1/2. The shipping information didn't change for a week. All of a sudden, yesterday morning, it was on the truck for delivery.

LordByron

The Dude abides!
Really disappointed no one has yet popped in here and said, 'Source Audio Nemesis is a great delay for USPS or any organization.' Come on, someone do better.
And here I was, thinking that this post would be about the sweet, sweet sounds of postal trucks run through a Binson Echorec! :facepalm

dougb415

It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months for items to go across the Atlantic. Patience.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom