Deliverance gain with cleans as well?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by liberator32, Feb 17, 2009.

1. liberator32

liberator32 Member

I'm interested in VHT amps. I love the gain on the deliverance 60 but need a clean channel as well. Which 2 (or more) channel amps will give me the same tones? I tried their site but it's changed a lot. I prefer a head with 50-60 watts but will look at 100s if possible. What are your recommendations going for used?

2. Brian Maestro

Brian Maestro Member

Fryette Amps are now what VHT used to be.

You want either a Sig-X, Ultralead or a 50ST. All have great clean channels

I play a 50ST and am very happy with it.

3. fetishfrog

fetishfrog Member

If you're digging the Devliverance's gain sound, try just using your guitar's volume control or a volume pedal to go from dirty to clean and back again. You'll get excellent cleans, dirties, and all points in between.

If you must go channel switching, the SigX will be your closest ally.

4. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

When I was thinking about a D60 I was gonna use the "less" gain toggle giving me a very JCM800 type of tone. Then roll your guitar's volume nob back. Tell me about that amp. How good does it sound.

5. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

My D60 was a clean to scream machine with only the volume knob of my strat. I didn't have as good of a result with humbucker equipped guitars.

6. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

:agree

Some Deleverance owners prefer it's tone to the Sig:X but the cleans on all three channels are great and the gain tones are as well.

I'm real happy with mine.

7. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

The one page on the Fryette site looks nice but it really shouldn't take a lot to put up some additional static pages with detailed info on the amps and cabs that are currently available including prices, features, specs, weight and dimensions.

It's been a while now, and given where the economy is at the moment, and the fact that the company has just made a significant transition, I'd think that source of free advertising could be used to keep potential customers such as ourselves better informed.

Just a thought.