Deluxe Memory Boy problem

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kingdavidy2k, Mar 2, 2012.

1. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

A couple of problems:
    -I've been noticing that lately often my tap tempo doesn't work properly. I tap it but the delay is like way faster. The sub division is checked and not on.
    -Also I'm running KOT-TIM-Klon Klone before it. When I turn on the KOT and TIM it's fine, but when I turn on my Klon, the repeats only goes twice and then steep drop in volume on the 3rd repeat. Then it dies, no matter how I set my feedback knob.

Anyone know what might be the problem? Should I fix it or just buy a new one? It's relatively cheap anyway $186.

Was gonna get the new DMMTT550 but I kinda need to tap slower than 109bpm (which what 550ms is). I want to get the upcoming Supa Puss but kinda in a hurry - gigs highly required tap tempo delay.

Help me peeps
    Thx
    David

2. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

3. Staticbuster

Staticbuster Member

First, its only $25 to send it back to EHX for repair. I just sent mine back because the bypass switch was messing up. I would definitely try to get in touch with EHX about your issues. It sounds like there is something wrong with it for sure.

And as for the DMMTT550, I'm pretty sure the 550 refers to the 'max' delay time, not the 'min' if I understand your statement correctly.

4. lankybass

lankybass Member

That was my impression as well.

EHX has pretty decent customer service from what I understand, give'm a ring

5. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

I was saying I needed to tap slower than 109bpm which makes me needing more than 550ms max. Have a few songs that requires tapping on 78ish bpm (769ms)

6. oldangelmidnight

oldangelmidnight Member

Are you running it at 9v or 9.6v? Lots of people have weird issues running EHX pedals off power supplies other than what came with it.

7. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

I'm running it through either a 1spot or the phantom powered(?) tremolo footswitch from my Buriss Royal Bluesman.

8. jordiesaenz

jordiesaenz Member

I think you can tap longer than 550ms, but the delay knob fully CW is 550ms. I could be wrong though.

9. baranger1

baranger1 Member

That most likely is your problem.
    Try the supplied power supply and see if it helps.
    I bet it will
    It sound like the DMB is looking for more voltage/current and browning out..

If not drop a note to info@ehx.com

10. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

Unfortunately I can't use the supplied power supply as it's 230v here in Australia.

11. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

according to ehx webpage it can handle up to 12v. Maybe I'll try that?

12. Staticbuster

Staticbuster Member

Yeah, see if you can get a better power supply. When I demo'd the one I got in the store they had it running on a 1spot. The unit was noisy and had weird artifacts behind the repeats. We switched it over to the supplied ehx power and it was much better.

13. rayza

rayza Member

if you got the cash to spring for the dmmtt, i would suggest dropping an email to matt @ pedalempire.com.au to see if he still has the 2nd hand strymon brig with fav switch. for under $300 i would consider that a pretty good option.

edit: i know this doesnt help with your dmb problem, sorry.