Deluxe Memory man through a Fender Custom 64 Vibroverb?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 1968, Jun 7, 2008.

1. 1968

1968 Member

Since this amp doesnt have an effects loop.. how does the DMM do running through the front of a vibroverb (both channels).. ?...
    I ask because I know it sounds pretty terrible through the front of my marshall el34..

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

as long as you're running it clean it should be okay... I wouldn't run them through both channels though, because the blackface fenders are out-of-phase from eachother on different channels.

3. kakev

kakev Member

Sounds terrible infront of marshall? You kidding me right? DMM sounds fabulous no matter what amp you use. And that's not even a matter of opinion. Incase you're using it before cranked marshall then it might not work but then again what delay or tape echo would??

4. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

how about Jimmy Page and his echoplexes?? Yeah he's a notorious rule breaker but I thought the tape echo solo tone sounded really nice on I can't Quit you baby, Achilles Last Stand, etc.

5. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

As far as I am concerned the DMM is made to go into the front end of an amp, and generally sounds much better than going through the loop in some amps. Seems like you have the makings of a great match putting the DMM into the 64 Vibroverb. I bet this will sound great!

6. Giannis

Giannis Senior Member

+1000

Sound FANTASTIC in front of my hot rod deville 4x10 & through my mesa Ace. I wouldnt have it any other way.

7. drolling

drolling Member

I've got an early reissue (buffered, w/AC tap) DMM that sounds great with just about anything - closest at hand being a discontinued '63 Vibroverb RI.

None of my amps have FX loops, but it sounded really, really good in the loop of my buddy's Mesa Lonestar, almost no noise floor even at max delay settings.

I've found the DMM's fussier about what's plugged into it, than what it is plugged into. I can get some pretty nasty clipping w/hot humbuckers, but I've read there's a mod for that.

8. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

Yeah the DMM has a great preamp in it that heats up your signal. It's like a mini-version of the tape echoes/machines that guys like Ritchie Blackmore and Lindsey Buckingham used in front of their rigs to hit the inputs hards. But even if you don't go beyond the unity gain level you'd be hard pressed to find a better delay to stick in front of an amp.

9. kakev

kakev Member

Absolutely.i really enjoy using the dmm with distorting amp.it can be tweaked to blend in nicely.

10. plunderpot

plunderpot Supporting Member

I run my DMM into my Princeton Reverb and it sounds gorgeous - like Christmas in a box. Lots of compliments on the sound...

J

11. shuffle

shuffle Member

Same for me!

12. Buddy Boy

Buddy Boy Member

Since the DMM is out of phase it will sound great in between the channels of your Vibroverb.