Deluxe moon phaser volume boost

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by erplander, Sep 12, 2008.

1. erplander

erplander Member

I've got a deluxe moon phaser on my board, and I really love the phase sounds I can get from it. However, there's a pretty noticeable boost in volume whenever I turn it on. Is this normal? Is there a way to avoid the volume boost, short of putting it in a loop with another pedal to control the volume?

2. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

I don't think that's normal because mine doesn't do that...

3. ducmike

ducmike Silver Supporting Member

Mine doesn't do it either.

4. Jagsound

Jagsound Member

Is there an internal trim pot inside anywhere for level?

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I'm interested in the Moon Phaser and wondered if any of you guys had used it with humbuckers or higher output guitars and whether you got any clipping?

I'm getting some clip with my current phaser and my LP (which is my only guitar effectively).

Cheers
    Jag

5. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

No, there isn't a level trim, but there is a 'pad' switch in the Deluxe Moon Phase (not sure about the regular version) so that you can run hot humbuckers and not encounter any clipping. The hottest humbucker I've run through it is a DiMarzio Tone Zone and it didn't clip. I've got a Les Paul with '59's, a PRS with a Custom 5, and the Ibby with an Air Norton and Tone Zone. That pad switch inside the Dlx. Moon Phase really works.

-Ben

6. ducmike

ducmike Silver Supporting Member

The pad switch is in the non-deluxe that I have, but I do have a very early one. There is also a small pot to control the depth of the phase, but it shouldn't effect volume.

Ben has always been helpful with my questions, you might send him an email. Just don't expect an immediate response, he is like 16 or 17 time zones away.

7. erplander

erplander Member

Thanks for the help. I guess I will email Ben. Like I said, I really love the sounds and want to keep it on the board, but the volume boost is a real drawback.