Deluxe Reverb Speaker

Bill Dennis

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 68 Deluxe Reverb. Original speaket was unusable. Replaced with modern Jenson about 10 years ago. Not unhappy with it, but curious what is hot for this style of amp these days

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
I've been wondering this lately as well. Thinking about building one and I have a Celestion Gold sitting around, lonely. Wondered if any has tried them in the DR before. It was certainly a treat in a tweed Deluxe.

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
I like the Jensen Tornado Neo because it sounds great and is very lightweight. The Eminence GA-SC64 is a popular one for DR’s.

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
Fat Jimmy C1225 or C1270

I’ve had about a dozen speakers in my ‘67 SFDR over the years and the Fat Jimmy’s are great.

-bEn r.

Steppin' Wolfe

Silver Supporting Member
I like the Emi Allesandro 64 with the AB763 based preamp. The Emi Legend GB128 is a great speaker in a Bf/SF amp, as well....Emi’s first ’British cone’ speaker....good lows, nice high end, smooth when pushed.

BlueRiff

I've been wondering this lately as well. Thinking about building one and I have a Celestion Gold sitting around, lonely. Wondered if any has tried them in the DR before. It was certainly a treat in a tweed Deluxe.
Let us know how it sounds of you try it. In theory , it should be a great match.

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way
Gold Supporting Member
Let us know how it sounds of you try it. In theory , it should be a great match.
I had a Gold in my DR for the last 6 months or so. Switched out from an ET 65, and just today put in a Jupiter 25LC. The Gold was nice, but it adds a bit more low end than I was wanting to hear lately. The Jupiter sounds fantastic!

Weber 12A150-H all day long! Beautiful alnico breakup with great treble sub harmonic richness. Warm and gritty. Hemp suits the Blackface brightness well.....really opens it up harmonically. Marconi 6v6 bottles don’t hurt either!! Blues machine:)

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
I also like the Jensen C12K that comes in the 65 reissue. It has a full sound with a smooth high end that works well in a DR, which usually has a brighter tone than other Fender amps.

Last edited:

LowVolume

Silver Supporting Member
The Celestion Gold sounds pretty good in a DR but in the end it sounded too dry to me and it had that rubbery low end that I hear in almost every alnico speaker that I’ve tried.

The one exception being the JBL d120f. The JBL brings a DR into focus. It kinda of situates the highs, mids, and lows for you in a way that is hard to screw up. It really sounds beautiful at any volume.

The GASC64 sounds really good too, but completely different than the JBL or the Gold. Very mellow and sounds the best when you’ve got it cranked.

hunter

Silver Supporting Member
Weber 12F150 all day
The 12F150 is THE classic choice. I have one in my SFDR now. Standard BF/SF sound the way it was designed to be with a ton of push. Having said that, I really like a Weber alnico Silver Bell in a DR. Slightly warmer, slightly tighter (rolled off) bass. Sweet springy mids. Unfortunately expensive too.

Trending Topics