Demeter Fat Control - Phat Indeed!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cber1517, Jul 24, 2008.

1. cber1517

cber1517 Member

Part 2 of my earlier story with the MI Audio Blues Pro - I was telling Drexel at Rock Block how I like the sound of my amp and compressor but wish I could enhance it just to make it bigger and fatter without changing the sound of my amp like the Super 6 does. I wanted to enhance the guitar, not the amp if that makes sense. Anyway, he showed me a used Demeter Fat Boost which I was not familiar with. I plugged it in with just my compressor and BOOM - my strat sounded very beefy in single coil mode. You do lose a little top end which I dialed back in with my compressor's handy tone knob. Some have mentioned they think it is overkill with humbuckers - not my experience at all. I think it makes them sound rounder and fuller and gives them a cool mid-range honk that reminds me of a hollowbody Gretsch. This is a great pedal for clean lead or rhythm. I even noticed it makes the middle pickup position on the strat - the one we all pass over for position 2 or 4, sound really good! Worth a shot if you can find one used like I did. I know many guys have these installed directly into their guitars and I can see why. Either way I think it could be a secret tone weapon that doesn't seem to get a lot of press.

2. MBreinin

MBreinin Supporting Member

Does this go into the guitar, or is it a pedal?

Mike

3. cber1517

cber1517 Member

Mine is the pedal version but it is an option to be installed in the guitar - I think Tyler guitars had these in them or still does as an option.

www.demeteramps.com/products/pedals/mb2b.html

4. trisonic

trisonic Member

One of my Chapins has one installed. Very useful on Strat type guitars and sounds a lot better than the Clapton Mid-Boost.

Best, Pete.