Demeter overdrives... Dean Deleo in a box?

Anyone have experience with any of the Demeter OD's? I haven't turned up much info or demos on them. I am however a huge fan of Dean Deleo's (of Stone Temple Pilots) tone who uses a Demeter TGP-3 preamp. I was wondering if any of Demeters pedals might get me close to the tone of the TGP on channel 3.... basically Deleo's lead tone.

Last edited:

Stonebandit

Demeter is just about, probably now by the time I have written this, gotten the parts together to build the Demeter TGP-3 PreAmps again. Pretty close to on topic, but I do not not know of any way to get that tone without that Premamp setting.

Buzzard Luck

Has anybody ever played a driveulator or one of the other pedals? I'm curious, too,. My guess is that the pedals they make are not designed to be stand-in replacements for the $$$ tube amps, but rather quaint accompaniments.

M I K E D.

Gold Supporting Member
I've used an Uberdrivulator. It's a solid drive pedal with plenty of gain on tap. It's eq'd with a lot of bass.

As far as STP sounds I'm afraid I can't really speak to that. Good luck!

Demeter is just about, probably now by the time I have written this, gotten the parts together to build the Demeter TGP-3 PreAmps again. Pretty close to on topic, but I do not not know of any way to get that tone without that Premamp setting.
Oh sweet! I noticed at the moment they are only offering the TGA 2.1 head, which is pretty tempting actually.

I can't afford the pre if it's $3k like the last TGP-3 reissue, but man I love the tones! Channel 3 just has this squishy attack that I wish I could have on my Marshall DSL100. I'm pretty happy with my tone overall, but for leads that would be ideal for me.

Any ideas for other pedals that might come close?

Trending Topics