Demo of Echobox VS Replica (Youtube)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sega, Jun 17, 2008.

1. sega

sega Member

Here is the demo that I promised the tgp community.

I took my Canon camera and made some clips.
    There is 3 demos.
    Two of them is me playing a few riffs from Rush on a Fender Stratocaster plugged into the new Echobox and going into the T-Rex replica into a A\B\Y Startouch into a Mesa Boogie Caliber 50 +(4x12 speaker cabinet) and also into a Fender Deluxe Reverb reissue.

The third demo is the Fender going into a CMATMODS ''brownie'' distortion doing a riff from Streetheart version of ''Under my thumb''!

The main differences between those delays is that the Replica is expensive but very clean...the delay is acting as a delay so it's identical to the sound of your guitar.

The Echobox is more analog so a bit darker but has sone nice modulation knobs that can act as a light chorus.
    A bit more bass is heard when you activate the Echobox.
    The replica is $400 the Echobox is $225.

Here is the links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oiaZMLlIak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJPmj3HJ7Vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQseqWJjdk

2. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

AWESOME demo! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

3. sega

sega Member

I do it for you guys, your welcome.

Too bad the sound is not super hi-fi but it gives a good idea of what to expect.

I love both delays but I lean toward the Echobox for it's old sound and chorus modulation knobs wich is GREAT!!!!

The T-Rex is hi-fi delay very transparent with a tap tempo.

To own both is cool.

4. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

Yes both have their own sound. I would prefer the T-Rex in the sense I can use it in many styles. The Echo Box works great with clean, but with distortion something lacked. Great vids btw! Keep it up.

5. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

I definitely lean towards the EchoBox as far as your video goes. I also recently bought an EchoBox and think it's killer, but I have limited time with it so far. It sounds very "organic" and "musical" to me (overused terms, I know.) The modulation is second to none, in my opinion!

Can't wait to use it live this weekend.

6. sega

sega Member

Cool!

What are you playing? Original songs or some well known stuff?

Yep the modulation is great, I think i'm going to sell my Retro-sonic chorus!!!

I'm having my CMATMODS for sale....it's nice but not as goos as the Echobox.

7. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

We just play covers. All rock, but with a little variety. Stuff ranging from Led Zeppelin, Poison, Puddle of Mud, Maroon 5, Cheap Trick, etc...

My main influences are '70s classic rock (Zep, Rush, Eagles, etc...) and '80s hairband stuff (Ratt, Dokken, Whitesnake, etc...)

8. sega

sega Member

The same here, along with Kiss, Rush, Yes, Genesis, BTO, Van Halen,Styx,Journey..and more New-England,Streetheart...

9. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Rock on! I knew we'd get along when I heard the clean Rush passages in your demo vids... :)

10. sega

sega Member

What is your gear?
    Any pics or videos?

Take care bro!!!

11. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Ehhh, no great vids or anything. Here's two of me demoing my old Mojave Peacemaker head, K-Line strat, and '71 Les Paul Custom...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob1srH_nbPY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PNJaXqBFco

One of these days, I'm going to do some quick demo videos of my new rig. I sold most of my high dollar stuff to get back to basics (and to raise some moolah for non-music expenses.)

Right now, I'm playing this:

- Gibson R8 Les Paul (my #1)
    - K-Line Strat
    - US Fender Telecaster

- Fender Twin Reverb Reissue
    - VoodooLab Pedal Power 2+
    - Budda Wah (modded to be deeper like a Hendrix wah)
    - Boss TU2 tuner
    - BYOC Script Phaser
    - H.B.E. "Rig-Talk Plank Cranker" OD/Distortion
    - SubDecay EchoBox delay

I have four distortion pedals I'm trying out right now. My plan is to keep 2 (maybe 3.)

- Lovetone Purple Plexi 800
    - Krank Distortus Maximus
    - Wampler Plextortion (older version)
    - Wampler Plextortion (newer version - currently for sale in emporium)

So far, it looks like the Lovetone is a keeper. I'll know for sure after a gig this Friday night. I may put all four pedals on the board and switch between them to figure out which work best live.

Whoops... Sorry for the long post!

Chris

12. sega

sega Member

Great vids,
    So you got 2 amps (Mojave and Fender?)
    I got the Fender DRRI and it's cool, specially when I run the ''brownie'' distortion in front!

I'm using a Fender strat usa new from last year, and a G&L S-500...very nice, hotter pick ups than the Fender.

Anyway keep on rolling bro,

Andy

13. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Thanks... Nah, I'm down to just the Twin Reverb combo and pedals right now. I've been a half-stack dude for a long time and got into pretty high dollar rigs the past several years. I just sold my VHT Sig:X head, Deliverance 60 head, a VHT 4x12" cab, and have another VHT 4x12" cab up for sale now.

I have an old Marshall cab that I'll keep and most likely add a Marshall head to it in the near future for a half-stack rig in addition to my Twin + pedals rig.

This whole pedals into clean amp thing is brand new for me. I know it's old news for most, but this is the first time I've ever tried it.