Demo of my new song for upcoming EP

Howzaboppin

Very nice song!

A couple things I would tweak:

1) I would cut some lows here & there (the voice sounds specially bass-heavy)

2) Maybe jazz up the intro a little, so it's not just the instruments coming in one by one. I think this was something they recommended in the "readers' demos" section of Guitar Player back in the 80's, and I can't unhear it since then. :rotflmao

Gms

Silver Supporting Member
I think I like Jules. Sounds like a good hang.

Two thumbs up!

Haim Shim

wow, I LOVE the guitar sound. It has so much flavor in it. It's beautiful. I like how the song is developing to end in a powerful way with more intensity. Really love the guitar sound, especially in the beginning. You've found that sweet spot.

Very nice song!

2) Maybe jazz up the intro a little, so it's not just the instruments coming in one by one. I think this was something they recommended in the "readers' demos" section of Guitar Player back in the 80's, and I can't unhear it since then. :rotflmao
Thanks very much! And thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Very nice song!

BTW, I think my mixes tend to be a little heavy on the lows and light on highs above 10k. I'm not sure why I tend to do that, but it's something I'm watching out for.

Thanks again.

wow, I LOVE the guitar sound. It has so much flavor in it. It's beautiful. I like how the song is developing to end in a powerful way with more intensity. Really love the guitar sound, especially in the beginning. You've found that sweet spot.
Thank you!

''Vocals are mixed really loud - great song - great idea. BTW When you doubled/harmonized the vocals that was the sound!
Thanks for the feedback!

Did you find all of the vocals too loud, or just the vocals that weren't doubled/harmonized?

I try to find the happy place between having the vocals sitting deep in the mix and having them riding on top.

John Quinn

Thanks for the feedback!

Did you find all of the vocals too loud, or just the vocals that weren't doubled/harmonized?

I try to find the happy place between having the vocals sitting deep in the mix and having them riding on top.

When the vocals were solo'd they were too loud - the double/harmonized vocals fit right into the groove.

Trending Topics