• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Demo'd a 3 Monkeys sock monkey 18/12 last night....

mangoman

Gold Supporting Member
With e full band, doing some green day covers, and this thing just killed. Loved it. Hit it with the new greer lightspeed pedal, and was in heaven.

It's home with me now......just a great amp. Can get than chimey clean, and do as much Marshall grind as you could ever want.

Just killer....and at under 30 lbs, it's the best portable combo out there that I have had the opportunity to test drive. Awesome, simply awesome. Thanks to Alan at El Diablo Amps for setting me up with this and helping me part with cash....:aok

Last Nerve

There is no magic tone in a decal.
Gold Supporting Member
Does it have as much headroom as the AC20Dlx?

mangoman

Gold Supporting Member
At Last Nerve, no, not as much headroom as the AC20 Dlx, but its in the ball park if you max out the master and use the volume to taste. I can give it a head to head later this week. Great practice amp though....and thats what I bought it for....that and the small club stuff when needed.

At Divided, yes, did a bunch of Dookie era stuff. It was just ripping it up. Just a little bit of a push with an OD, and its all there......I was using the OCD, Greer Lightspeed and the Pork n Beans. Killer.

Last Nerve

There is no magic tone in a decal.
Gold Supporting Member
I'm guessing you were mic'd?
I'm torn on combo or head/cab.

mangoman

Gold Supporting Member
Rehearsal, and not mic'd

Plenty loud enough. Don't think it would be an issue in a small to med club. Seriously.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom