Dennis Chambers Hears Tool For The First Time

n4p226r

Silver Supporting Member
guy is amazing. not an easy song to just "wing it" to and I thought he did a pretty good job. was even more enjoyable towards the end when he really started to get into it.

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
guy is amazing. not an easy song to just "wing it" to and I thought he did a pretty good job. was even more enjoyable towards the end when he really started to get into it.
Definitely. The song has a lot of weird meters and changes; it's understandable that he wasn't prepared for every change. Overall he did great for a first play on such an unusual tune and really found his groove by the end. It would have been interesting to see Dennis go through the iterate and improve process until he had bits he was pretty happy with (though edited down.)

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
He's a beast. Love most of the projects I have with him on it.

Rick Lee

Dennis is other worldly good. I've seen him many times and he always brings it in spades. None better out there.

george4908

Silver Supporting Member
If you ever get the chance to see Dennis Chambers live, just do it. In the video, he was finding, creating and mostly staying in the pocket. Great job. But when he's given more room and cuts loose live, it's jaw-dropping what this man can do. His solos are the equal of any drummer out there.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
Amazing drummer! One of my drummer friends told me about this the other night and I didn't have a chance to look at it yet until now.

Thx for sharing!

Ampedusa

Of all the drummers I’ve seen live, Dennis Chambers was probably the most impressive. On a whim in the 80’s I went and saw John Scofield and he was the drummer. Scofield was great but Dennis was on another level. Really blew my mind. He’s coming to town with Oz Noy and I may have to have another whim and go check them out.

sws1

I kinda dug his version better than the original. Felt "flowier". (I'm trademarking that term.)

wraub

The Scofield album Loud Jazz, while containing many dated keyboard sounds, also features DC on drums and Gary Grainger on bass. A simply amazing rhythm section.

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
I've seen Dennis with:

Greg Howe
John McLaughlin
Victor Wooten
Mike Stern
Scott Henderson

and many others I forget. He is such a badass.
Toss in John Scofield.

Dennis is an absolute monster.

Very cool video and such a departure from anything I've seen Dennis play before.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom