derelict

mugician

Gold Supporting Member
"This is the incunabula of an official Devon DeJohn album; I'm still mulling the ebb and flow of the tracklist, and the surge of new song ideas. But at 7-tracks and counting, I can't really call it an EP...

So, gentlepeople, behold 'derelict'—a repertory of my most nagging artistic endeavors to date; a place where I have jettisoned as complete those isolated musical expressions that, in situ, betray an underlying theme (or current, if you catch my drift); derelict was not my design—rather, I have dredged it from some unfathomable deep, and am charting it as I go.

Too long; too many puns; didn't read: this is a self-aware concept album; beware of rip currents and marooning. :drown

Album cover photo by Devon DeJohn—I took this picture in White Sands, New Mexico. That's my travel companion in the distance, looking up at what we dubbed "the shipwreck", a bizarre nest of roots protruding from the sand a few miles into the gypsum dunefield."

https://ddejohn.bandcamp.com/album/derelict

eclecto-acoustic

Coal-hating feral hippie
Platinum Supporting Member
Kinda writing as I go...hope that's OK. I have to listen in parts. Kids, right?

Flotsam is flippin' gorgeous. It felt perfectly complete, and yet I wanted more of it. Normally I think of flotsam as a kind of annoyance...something to be pushed out of the way. I felt like the portrayal here was totally different and cool. Like the flotsam was on a journey...had a story to tell. Very cool.

Albatross...talk about foreboding, right? The overall sonic structure reminded me a lot of the Book of Eli sound track...which is a high compliment, because I flippin' LOVED that theme. This has its own thing going, so it doesn't feel at all like a copycat. A little rude by comparison ;) Loved the ending especially, great contrast.

mugician

Gold Supporting Member
Wow, thanks! I just saw this. Forgot I had the thread up. Thanks for the kind words, means a lot!

I just added a new track, too. Thanks for listening!