Desert Isand Overdrive Scenario

popsongsmith

Ok. I know there have been variations on this thread before, but here's the scenario with a twist:

You find yourself stranded on a desert island, and to your astonishment, you have access to an unlimited array of electric guitars and tube amplifiers. Anything you want--any make, model or year--is yours for the asking. But there's one catch. None of the amps will clip. No matter what you do, or how loud you play, everything comes out perfectly clean.

You are given the choice of ONE and only ONE overdrive/distortion pedal to use with all this gear until the day you die.

What'll it be?

Marc Roy

Probably my Barber Burn Unit EQ. Every time I try or buy something new, it usually ends up in my drawer. I keep coming back to this one. My guess is it's a keeper.

Deaj

Silver Supporting Member
The L'DO clone I recently built. Covers a lot of ground and sounds fantastic!

wopr

Landgraff OD: Switch up= crunch. Switch down= tube screamer. Switch in the middle= clean boost. That covers a lot of ground.

steve

Phil M

Supporting Member
Probably my Lovepedal Roadhouse Eternity, though I had brown and red Lovepedal Dragons that certainly had a 101 good uses...

popsongsmith

Incredible! It's amazing how many different responses there are. Here they are so far:

Lovepedal BBB07
Barber Burn Unit EQ
L'DO clone
Zen
Landgraff OD
Burst E
Lovepedal Roadhouse Eternity
Timmy
Ocd
Cot Gold
O C D
HBE Big D