1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Desperate cry for HELP! Need an original blues backing.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Normster, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Normster

Normster Member

Nick at jdbluesville.com is putting together a DVD of original music for charity (cancer research). A few months ago Brad Preston and I committed to providing an original blues backing track for a monster blues jam to go on the DVD. So far we've both come up dry. The thread is here...
    http://www.jdbluesville.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4233

Long story short, does anyone have an original blues backing that they would be willing to donate to the project? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but it must be original so we stay out of trouble. If you've got any scraps on the cutting room floor that we can loop, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Norm

2. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

Norm--cant remember if i asked--does it have to be original music-
    can it be blues standards???---can someone else edit the clips?

if not then i have some stuff for you-not much time to put it together-but like I said if someone else can edit stuf....!?

3. Normster

Normster Member

A blues standard is fine...we'll call it something else anyway. ;)

I can do the editing, no problem. I used to arrange these blues jams a few years ago on guitar.com. (That's how I got drafted into this.) Typically, I just posted a loop and then spliced everything together for the final cut.

Thanks, John!

4. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

Normster,
    That charity's cause hits home with me very hard as of late........
    Anything I can do or donate, would make me more then happy...
    Could you be more specific to what you need?

5. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

good-cuz a coupla tunes are way too long!-i promise to git ya somethin this week

6. Normster

Normster Member

I just need a simple blues progression for guitar players to jam over. Brad and I originally planned to have a 160BPM walking bassline thing along the lines of "James and Wes" but at this point, anything that's fun to jam to would be good. Some of the people who wanted to jam are not great players so any "weird" changes might throw them.

7. L5player

L5player Member

I'll check to see what I have...

Here's as simple as it gets, a basic one chord blues with a delta feel to it. It's an original jam. I hope you can use it, it's a little rough around the edges but works for the blues anyway:

bluesjam.mp3

Jim

8. rob2001

rob2001 Member

How quick would you need this? I have the equipment to record but I don't do MP3's and such. I can either use my drum machine and do bass and rythym or I could get my three piece band together and lay down some stuff. The issue would be that I'd have to send you completed CD's. The live band thing would take a bit longer. If I did it all myself I could get it together quicker. Let me know your time frame. Rob

9. rob2001

rob2001 Member

10. Normster

Normster Member

Thanks for the offer, Rob. It looks like John and Sub-D have it covered. The hang up for this project has been that it must be original so I can't really use any of the backing tracks floating around out there without violating copyrights.

11. 56_Special

56_Special Member

Cool track!

Martin

12. clayville

clayville Member

These are no great shakes, but were put together by me in Garageband from GB native loops. Any additional instruments (guitars, one-fingered keyboards) were played by me. The folks over at the Les Paul Forum seemed to enjoy playing over them a few weeks/months back and you're more than welcome to them if they'll do anyone any good. They are original, if fairly generic.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=239050&songID=4170924
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=239050&songID=3934183

13. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

14. Normster

Normster Member

Awesome, John! I love it!!!

Folks, backing track is a go. Thanks again for your support and feel free to drop in at jdbluesville.com to join the show. ;)