Destroy All Guitars

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by AaeCee, Jan 10, 2008.

1. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

Let me start by saying I have no vested interest in promoting this site and have never bought a guitar there. I don't know Cliff, but have spoken to him and he's a hell of a nice guy.

Now....just gotta say that going to this site is like walking into a Ferrari dealership, or leafing through 'The Robb Report'. I've never seen so much exotic guitar eye candy in one place before, and I totally believe Cliff in his descriptions of tonal bliss. He seems as particular and knowledgable as they come. Hopefully I'll someday buy some gear there, but until then I'll continue to window shop there, and really applaud the dream and determination it took to set up this unique site.

2. SimonBSinister

SimonBSinister Silver Supporting Member

I bought my Straub amp from Cliff and he was totally awesome. He is the real deal and at the same time a really nice down to earth guy.

SBS

3. PFCG

PFCG Member

Ive always liked that site alot. They really have nice stuff.

4. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

Jackson Heights Birthplace of Johnny Thunders
    AaeCee

I Just got my second Amp and Cab from Cliff He is a old friend from when we were just starting out. Thirty years ago he had taste and a Million Dollar Ear. If you want to hear him play Guitar 7 years before he signed Steve Vai and Joe Satriani check out one of his first bands Material.
    Robert Quinne, Bill Laswell, Fred Frith ,David Allen, Michael BeinHorn. Bill Bacon, Giorgio Gomelski, Eno... This is 1977.

Thats Material NY Gong

Joe Tee
    see disclamer

5. jazzchaos

jazzchaos Member

Cliff seems to be a great guy. I have been drooling over his website for months then just noticed that he is in the next town over from me. I emailed him and he invited me over to his place to check out his stock. I haven't taken him up on it but plan on it soon!

Sean

6. dwes

dwes Member

My experience with Cliff was so uncommonly good that I'd wanted to start a thread about it. Here's my chance, please read...

A fellow TGP member was selling his Rebbecke Halfling. I wanted the guitar and hoped for third party specifics to confirm the instrument's quality, etc... Could I go to the dealer?

I emailed Cliff. His reply was immediate, pleasant and full of detail. I was amazed.

I asked a few follow-up questions. Again, a delightful and helpful response from a man to whom I'd never paid a penny. His affording time and very specific detail to a non-customer were shocking to me. I'd spent tens of thousands of dollars on guitars with other dealers and not received a fraction of the kindness and courtesy that Cliff generously gave.

DAG/Cliff are the benchmark of excellence in customer service.

Cliff's site is a daily stop for me. I will be a paying customer of DAG!

Dave

7. rgsss14

rgsss14 Gold Supporting Member

About time we started a thread praising Cliff. Great guy, over the top customer service, amazing gear. ....and, he is always raising the bar.

My DAG gear:

Two Rock Classic Reverb
    Baker Korina XS
    Pheo UN
    Straub Twisted Triode

8. matte

matte Senior Member

huge fan of the man. he's the patron saint of modern luthiers and all things guitar, for that matter. we are blessed to share time and space with the man.

9. jjhboots

jjhboots Member

Ditto. (Eloquent, eh?)

10. mbrown3

mbrown3 Member

Cliff's an incredible guy.

11. Kalalau Hiker

Kalalau Hiker Supporting Member

The Outskirts of Infinity ...aka Philly burbs.
    I met Cliff at a Philly guitar show - we talked for almost 2 hours - he's a great guy and beautiful human being.

He convinced me to play a Wendler acoustic electric that sounded unbeLEIVably good. and did NOT push me to buy it even though I was salivating over the tone.

12. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Eventhough I haven't bought anything from Cliff yet, he's a GREAT dude to talk to about all things related to guitar. I'm on his Gustavsson list, so I'm excited for that...
    I plan on getting some stuff from him pretty soon :D

13. plagtr2

plagtr2 Silver Supporting Member

I bent Cliff's golden ears a bit before he sold me my Emplexador MKII. Told him what I was looking for & what I had tried in the past. He said the Emplexador was what I wanted & he was SO right! Could not be happier! Wish I had the $$$ to try some more of the AWESOME looking gear he sells! Down the road for sure. Cliff is THE MAN!

14. 54GT

54GT Silver Supporting Member

Cliff is a really great person, he will always go the extra mile and is always straight up with you. And, oh yeah, he has impeccable taste in gear.

Corey

15. gainiac

gainiac Senior Member

It's a pleasure and honor to have dealings with the man!

A gentleman and a scholar!

16. Tone Disciple

Tone Disciple Gold Supporting Member

Finally, something we can all agree on! Good for you Cliff!

A Fan

17. George Johnson

George Johnson Member

Cliff's experience and knowledge of all things toneful is surpassed only by his desire (and uncanny knack) for making customers happy.

I know many fine purveyors of music equipment. This guy still stands out as special and I'm proud to count him as a friend.

18. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Member

Cliff is great, especially considering what he's going through right now. He made it possible for me to get something I've been wanting for some time now. Awesome guy.

19. Eero

Eero Member

Yeah, Cliff is a great guy and man, those working hours. Does he ever rest.... ;)

We have had many great conversations,

Eero
    Mad Professor Amps, USA

20. fretnot

fretnot Gold Supporting Member

Cliff is a pleasure to deal with and speak to. :BEER