Devo now using massive Axe-Fx backline: game over for other modelers

CyberFerret

One 80's era revival band using Axe-FXs doesn't automatically endgame all others... :D

But seriously, I am a big Devo fan from way back. Interesting to see their rig setup. I always assumed their guitar parts were fairly basic, and they had keyboard synths for all the esoteric stuff...

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Guitarist Bob2 uses 2 sounds in his Axefx and Bob1 uses 3 1/2 sounds.
Funny guys..so Devo.

webe123

I am an axe fx lover, but I was never big into Devo....never could get over them wearing upside down flower pot's on their heads....

So I don't really think their endorsement is the be all end all of modeling. LOL!

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Gold Supporting Member
I loved "Whip it" when it came out...spent many times dancing to it during my clubbing days in the '80s.

Lighten up guys, the "game over" comment has his tongue planted so firmly in cheek that he may need to visit an oral surgeon for extraction.

Akeron

"Bob 1 asked them to replicate the sound of the old Gibson PAF pickups, so Chopper placed a SH-1B pickup in the guitar"

So a '59 is more PAF like than an Antiquity or a Seth Lover? Interesting...

mmcm4

Lighten up guys, the "game over" comment has his tongue planted so firmly in cheek that he may need to visit an oral surgeon for extraction.
100% agree.

That being said, I've seen alot of threads where somebody will post a thread like this (insert slightly sarcastic but also provocative comment) and then they never follow up.

It's a form of trolling to me. Throw a bomb (AxeFX vs the world) and then run and watch people not get the joke, etc.

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
LOL. It's Devo for goodness sake. That doesn't 'mean' anything other than Devo is using gear.

I like how easy it seems some people get riled up. OP: I get the joke, others obviously not so much.

Audioholic

LOL. It's Devo for goodness sake. That doesn't 'mean' anything other than Devo is using gear.

I like how easy it seems some people get riled up. OP: I get the joke, others obviously not so much.
Sometimes ya never know on this Board ;) But I have already converted over so its too late...

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes ya never know on this Board ;) But I have already converted over so its too late...
The way I get along is to assume humor in all cases, until proven wrong. Otherwise... it's no fun at all. If you are not having fun... you are doing it wrong. LOL.

It's DEVO; anyone old enough to 'get' Devo, or better yet... understand Devo and all they stand for and do through their music... will get the OP right from the word go.

:D

MaxTwang

So the Axe has devolved?

I've had Devo's cover of 'Satisfaction' playing in my head since I saw this thread last night, killer arrangement.

Trending Topics