1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

DI Boxes for a MFX stereo floor unit

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by tjmicsak, May 24, 2011.

1. tjmicsak

tjmicsak Member

I'm looking for a couple cheap but GOOD DI boxes to use between a stereo MFX floor unit and monitor amps (2-1 for each channel) with XLR outs to FOH.
    IOW the DI would need to be 1/4" in with both 1/4" out to amps and XLR outs to board cable snake.
    I don't know how far out my monitor amps might be for stage seperation so it would be preferable if the 1/4" outs were buffered.

Because my stereo outs are from the same unit I shouldn't have any phase inversion issues, but if I'm going to get the DI boxes I think it would be good to have that feature for any future use with an actual stereo dual amp and pedal board set up.

2. Flogger59

Flogger59 Member

The Countryman Type85S and Type10S, as well as the Whirlwind PCDI will fit the bill. They're active, but can run off phantom power. Not exactly cheap, mind you.