Diamond Amplifiers, what's the word on these?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by suhrbrutal, Dec 16, 2009.

1. suhrbrutal

suhrbrutal Senior Member

Been seeing these a lot, and at some higher end music stores. What's your thoughts, experiences with these for higher gain and clean tones?

2. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Silver Supporting Member

I own a Spitfire 2 and my friends studio has 3 of the different models which is why I got mine........serious equipment Built like tanks, one of the best clean channels you can get anywhere and depending on the model anywhere from classic crunch on up to drop tuning tones of death!!! They are really good amps....

3. Flinto2002

Flinto2002 Senior Member

I had a Spittfire 2, GREAT sounding amp. Clean channel is killer, ...OD100 level good. Crunch channel on mine was more vintage sounding than my OD100. I thought it was a superb amp, but sold it as it was quite similar to my OD100....and I impulsively pulled the trigger on a Bad Cat combo and a Budda combo. Frikken GAS

4. James BCM

James BCM Gold Supporting Member

Incredibly well made amps out of Houston, Texas.

Jeff Diamant, Diamond Amplification owner is also in partnership with Dean Zelinsky of DBZ Guitars and Roy Blankenship of Blankenship Amplification.

Everything from product quality control, tone, craftsmanship, logistics etc. is top notch at Diamond. I've had a fabulous relationship with them since becoming a dealer for them.

Vintage, modern, hi gain, intense hi gain, Class A, you name it, the Diamond brand is awesome in every way.

Here is a pic of a one off head shell I own. I bought it from Jeff last month and it is now getting a new front on it with the newer Diamond logo etc. DBZ will then shoot it in clear so they can show it at the 2010 NAMM show next month. Sorry, this bad boy is coming to Memphis permanently the day after NAMM is over.

Lynn Burke
    BCM

[​IMG]

5. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

Killer amps, I have a Phantom. Incredibly versatile, and records like a dream.

6. GT100

GT100 Member

Huh?
    I tried the Spitfire 2 and the Spec-Op -the store was trying to unload them since there wasn't any takers.

The cleans on the Spitfire are good but not "killer".
    The distortion is JCM 800 like -overall not a bad amp.

The Spec-Ops distortion is aimed at the NuMetal voice.
    It was so so for that sound but for much else it failed...

7. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

i disagree, the clean channel on the Phantom is the same as the Spitfire and, for certain things, I've chosen it over my Matchless and BF Deluxe. Not saying it's better than those, but different and perfect for what we were going for.

8. dosilegecko

dosilegecko Member

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Nitrox. I got it demo'd to me at Boston Guitars recently, blew me away in every possible way. The clean channel was excellent and the distortion was pro.

I love small companies that only deal in high quality stuff, It would be my dream job to work for a company like Diamond, designing amps.

Someday...

9. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Silver Supporting Member

As far as the stores trying to unload them.......I would venture to say Diamond needs work on its marketing, not its product! The clips on the website are terrrible examples and the videos are worse........the only good one is Dave's from LA.....the rest are lame.

I think more people would discover these if they did a better job of getting their name out there......there are some good bands using these....

10. regotheamigo

regotheamigo Member

They need to get some amazing player behind them like E.J or Clapton to do sound samples for them.

11. mikeratan00

mikeratan00 Supporting Member

I had a Spec Op... killer amp