Diamond Drive Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by themusicboxstudios, Jan 13, 2006.

1. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

Well i did a search ... and there's no info on diamond's drive pedals. So i was hoping some people could chime in on what think of them, particularly the fireburst. I love my Hellbilly, and the Fireburst looks very similar, yet i'm still gassing for one.

I just the memory lane, receiving the compressor tomorrow ... i can see a trend ... :jo

2. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Very top notch stuff. There is a review of the Fireburst on my site as well as one for the comp.

3. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

I would really like to hear about their OD pedals too... the compressor is wonderful.

4. themusicboxstudios

awsome, can you compare with the hellbilly?

thanks, jon

5. drolling

drolling Member

Michael Knappe's got one of the best analog delays AND one of the best compressors on the market right now.

Could his overdrives & fuzz pedals be as good?

I'd like to know too...

6. msp

msp Member

i have had the memory lane for a little while now

and ****!!!!!!!!!!! its the best delay i have ever owned

IMHO the two best stomper comps on the market right now is the barber tone press and the diamond comp

Mike has really got something going

their drive pedals have peaked my curiosity as well.............i'm interested in hearing a seasoned ear's summery of the diamond drive pedals

7. themusicboxstudios

so it looks like everyone really wants to hear one, but no one has payed for one :(

8. Seegs

Seegs Member

I played a J-Drive and I really...really liked the clean boost side...I was not knocked out by the OD side...you can use both sides independently from another or together...I just didn't care for the OD texture which was very TS'ish but with a ton of gain which to me came on too fast...it was really thin in the lower rangers and it was not very articulte in the higher gain ranges...

using both sides together however was very nice....the boost seems to compensate for the OD's shortcomings by fattening and articulating the OD side...

but afaic the boost side is the star of the show!!

Chow,
    Seegs

9. woude

woude Member

I tried the fireburst and the drive, (and the comp and delay) I posted reviews in the HC review section. Overall I can tell you that they are both really nice. The drives are more transparant than for example a fulldrive, but have the same *quality* of sound. I liked the fulldrive more, but that's just because I play with single coils and I like that coloring of your sound that the fulldrive gives. The fireburst is one amazing distortion/fuzz pedal. I think that if you like keeley's fuzzhead, this pedal will blow you away.

10. FrogRick12

FrogRick12 Member

drolling:

You can check out the J-Drive Overdrive and the Fireburst Distortion at
    Song Bird Music on Queen St. or The 12th Fret in Toronto!