Diamond Memory Lane #62

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 65bfdr, Sep 20, 2005.

1. 65bfdr

65bfdr Member

This thing is unreal! It'll go from the lushest ghost delay to the most energetic self oscilating delay I've ever heard and everything inbetween with superior sound quality. Just wanted to share.
    :dude

2. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

I just checked with Brown and mine is comming tommarrow!!!

You just had to add to my, already fever pitch, jonezing.

3. Plexihead

Plexihead Member

Yup, #26 here (IIRC), one hell-uv-an "echo" pedal!

4. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

5. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

#20 checking in! :D

6. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

7. Berlin Chris

Berlin Chris Member

Mine is on the way too. Can´t wait to hear that thing.

Aaaaaah, analog with modulation and tap-tempo...... :D

8. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

Well,
    It sounds great on OD tones. It has a crystal clean and bright repeat, much brighter than I expected. It goes into self-oscillation very easily (12:00 on the level). It reminds me of a very refined Memory Man. There is a tiny bit of noise in the repeats when the knobs are cranked but it is all-usable. I need to really mess with it more and put it on the board.

Question I have an old ad-99 and a CS550. I currently run the chorus before the delay. Would you run the ML in front of the chorus and the AD-99 or run them both after? Long delay in front of short or short in front of long?

9. drolling

drolling Member

Boogie, have you thought of using the expression pedal jack as a looper for other FX pedals? I've been using it to control feedback, but I'll bet your chorus would sound very interesting hooked up that way. There's a diagram in the manual that shows the type of 'Y' cord needed.

10. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

I have thought about it but I don't know if I can still use the chorus without the delay?

What about putting a trem or the ad-99 in the loop though.

11. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

I really want to try a wah in that loop. Perhaps I'll make a cable this weekend...

12. drolling

drolling Member

Alex, that should sound very cool. I used my old MemoryMan in a similar fashion, with the wah between the Echo/out & amp, with the Direct/out going to the amp's other input.

...so the delay trails go whhee..whaaa...whoop. It sounds better than it looks on paper.

13. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

Nifty. I'm thinking it's time to start listening to my "Hawkwind" CDs again... :D

14. rastaman

rastaman Member

You guys ain't making it any easier, I just bought a Time Machine Boost and a Marshall HW 2061X..... The wife would kill me if I got a Memory Lane. But my DD5 just really is terrible :mad: :( :confused: .

15. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

#24 here and I'll second all the comments, it is pricey but quite excellent!

16. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

No idea what my serial number is, they kept going back to Mouser to order different parts! But it should be on its way tomorrow! Looking forward to it!

17. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

Im taking the long way in, but it should be worth it....
    [​IMG]

18. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

:eek:

I hate you!

That is too sweet... like mexican cany!

19. Berlin Chris

Berlin Chris Member

Hmmm, to each his own I guess.

I received the Memory Lane today and to be honest - I am kind of dissapointed.

Overall great functionality, tap tempo is fine, the modulation is great but the delay sounds themselves are not to my taste. They are kind of dull or muffled and dialing up the tone knob only makes the delays considerably thinner. I really miss a full bodied yet bright delay sound. It´s just not in there. Maybe I expected something wrong from the Memory Lane but my Memory Man sounds way better then this thing, though it - obviously - has other weak points.

I will send the ML back within the next days. Nice try though... but I am happy for you guys if you found the right thing with the ML.

Christof

20. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

I can totally understand your opinion.

I think my AD99 is way "fatter". The memory lane is not as dark.

I was a little disappointed at first too but as I mess with it I like it more. It sounds almost digital and except for a little hair or scratchiness it does not color the sound. I wish it had a longer delay time too.

It sounds best for clean country or edge type stuff to me (something the AD-99 isn't that great at). But it does not sound like "one of these days" or "Achilles last stand"

Where did you buy it from?