• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Diamond Memory Lane DLX

sub rosa

The single mod control on the standard JR is responsive to the speed of the delay (even when tapped) which causes it to be a very useful and hard to make sound BAD modulation.
Just to clarify, the speed of the modulation on the MLJr is fixed, no matter the delay time. I agree that it works really well, it's set at just the right point to sound great across the board.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
Just to clarify, the speed of the modulation on the MLJr is fixed, no matter the delay time. I agree that it works really well, it's set at just the right point to sound great across the board.
Are you sure? My understanding was that the speed changes subtly at different delay times.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
I always liked the sound of the "infinite" decay result by maxing out the feedback on the Memory Lane Jr., a nice ethereal sound to play over. Not the same as analog delay self-oscillation, but personally I never had a use for that anyway.

That could be fun, holding the tap to drive the feedback to "max" to create washes under the sound, release to return to wherever the dial is set.
Re-quoting this and tagging @awallace ... not the same as oscillation, but this would be a killer feature if it was add-able...

Also curious if you can confirm or deny the confusion on the thread about whether the mod speed on the standard Jr is fixed or if it is changed by delay tempo?

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
Hate to sound like a broken record... Is Diamond close to releasing this yet?

Tabor

More details on the Dark Cloud, anyone?
I think I see a "mod" knob.
I definitely like the footprint and top jacks and the name makes me think it might cater to my tastes more than the Memory Lane(s).
(It's going to need a dedicated thread)

mattymel

Welp...it may be a while. But it’s been about 10 years since the Memory Lane Jr got on my board. Been on there ever since. Best delay pedal ever. Hands down.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
^^^ :banana

i'm excited! the memory lane jr. is fantastic. a deluxe version has been on the horizon for a long time.

Trending Topics