Diamond Memory Lane JR 2!

earwax

Who is excited about this one?

Diamond's Facebook page said

Memory Lane Jr 2 is an upgraded Jr- a more powerful microprocessor. Longer delay times and a very cool new but as of yet unnamed 'ambient' algorithm... sort of delay, sort of reverb, it's VERY cool sounding.

Sounds good!

Last edited:

Empros

Crap. Just when I thought nothing could ever replace my MLJr, they come out with this. Damn you, Diamond.

jawajt

It would be nice if it could do oscillation. That's what kept me away from the ML Jr.

Empros

It would be nice if it could do oscillation. That's what kept me away from the ML Jr.
It would be cool if it did it only in one mode. I really like the infinite repeats thing it does with the feedback on full. It's different and can sound very very cool at the end of a song, instead of oscillating.

Need to be able to dial in speed and depth of modulation separately. Would prefer the modulation to have a faster warble with less depth than the MLJr a la big box DMM.

Skiptrip

Silver Supporting Member
Didn't Diamond offer to upgrade older units when they added the fourth mode? I wonder if they will offer a similar service for these recent improvements?

papersun

I hope, somehow, that it has infinite repeats available by holding down a switch. Going from a DMMTT to an El Cap and then to the MLJr, that's definitely what I miss the most.

earwax

Didn't Diamond offer to upgrade older units when they added the fourth mode? I wonder if they will offer a similar service for these recent improvements?
Seems unlikely since it has some different chips in it but I suppose it's possible.

Empros

That'd be cool if they could upgrade existing MLJrs. They upgraded my older model to the fourth mode.

flantrax

Gold Supporting Member
Please add a remote tap tempo jack...they do it as a mod...would be nice to have as a stock option...