Diamond memory lane jr dbl/mod removal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rvstybeard, Mar 14, 2015.

1. rvstybeard

rvstybeard Member

I've got a memory lane jr with a tap out mod (expertly done by t1m) and I have it hooked up to a disaster area smartclock. I love both of these pedals, but for some reason, every time I tap in or set the smartclock to a new tempo, it activates the hold function of the tap on the memory lane. I don't use the dbl or mod function of the pedal, and I'd like to remove it... is there a way to do this? or am I cursed to have to double tap everything?

2. delay dude

delay dude Member

Is the Smartclock set to 4step or auto? Mine works great with my memory lane.

3. rvstybeard

rvstybeard Member

I believe it's called "4TAP" but it is set to that, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. awallace

awallace Member

Is the tap output connected to the MLN-Jr set to NO or NC operation? It should be set to NO.

5. rvstybeard

rvstybeard Member

yes. it's set to NO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. awallace

awallace Member

Odd... could you check the connections from the external tap jack? Ground lug on the tap jack should be connected to either the bottom lug of the tap footswitch (looking at the pedal with the back off and the footswitches towards you, controls away from you) or to the right hand pad where the wires from the tap jack connect to the circuit board.

Also, a standard mono-cable should be used, not a TRS.

7. scholl4060

scholl4060 Member

I'm bumping this. The exact same thing is happening to me between a Smartclock and a Memory Lane 2.

OP - Did you ever find a solution?