Diamond Memory Lane Jr owners... what's the verdict?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by coolhand78, Jan 30, 2012.

1. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

Just curious to know what people who've bought and owned the memory lane jr have to say about now that it's been out for a while...?

one thing i'd like to know, is does it go into oscillation?

but also your general comments/any grievances you might have with it?

2. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Checkout my thread called "Epic NPD x3...". It has quite a bit of good info on the ML Jr. I did a pretty extensive review on it in that thread and other users as well have made great positive posts about it.
    Long story short : it's the most beautiful sounding delay I've ever heard and is incredibly simple. Another poster on my thread says it perfectly: "it has everything you need, nothing you don't." - or something to that effect.
    It's my favorite delay and I prefer it over the DMMTT.

3. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

I do not prefer it anywhere near the DMMTT. It is nice however. Wait for the upgraded versions to hit the stores before you buy.

4. kingofrats

kingofrats Member

what are the details of the upgrade?

5. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Check out my other thread - like I said, lots of good info there.
    The update includes pitch shifting when changing delay times. Before this upgrade the repeats would cut out entirely until the new tempo is established.

6. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

Which was the #1 reason why I sold mine. I was so excited to be able to get that pitch-shifty goodness out of the Jr... I'm happy that they've found a way to include it!

On another note - I would love to run an El Cap and ML Jr. - here's the problem I'm running into. I really need a set BPM readout for our set lists. Yes, the Jr. has tap, but there isn't any readout on the exact BPM. I'm stuck having to choose the ML Jr. or the Timefactor, and I can't justify buying both (I know, it's TGP, just buy both...). :bonk

Disclaimer: I had the Timeline - and the El Cap sonically has the edge for dTape sounds (yes, I'm aware it's the same algorithm, but it's just not to my ears). I wasn't using the Ice, Swell, or Trem functions all that much, and until they majorly rework the Timeline, I'll be sticking to the industry standard - the Timefactor.

7. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Member

great simple yet versatile delay ... get a used one and have it upgraded to include the 4th mode ;)

8. 62Tele

62Tele Supporting Member

For me, the thing is just about perfect as it sits. I DON'T want all the pitch shifty stuff going on as I change the speed, I just want my delay time to change. I use delay sparingly, so take it FWIW.

Great pedal.