• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Diaz CD30 Club Classic

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
Many years ago, I owned one of Cesar's CD30 amps, which I foolishly sold.

It was a great-sounding amp in a very portable 2x10 combo package (in red

He used 4 6L6s (IIRC) and low voltage to generate 30 watts of glorious tone.

Does anyone know of anyone else who's doing something similar with 4 tubes and low voltages?

yucatown

Gold Supporting Member
Old thread, but what the heck. I own a CD30 built by Cesar. Super rare amps and yes, glorious tone. Mine is green. Signed by Cesar on the inside. Built for Elliot Easton of The Cars. The gain on this amp is just so beautiful.

stratpaulguy86

Silver Supporting Member
Old thread, but what the heck. I own a CD30 built by Cesar. Super rare amps and yes, glorious tone. Mine is green. Signed by Cesar on the inside. Built for Elliot Easton of The Cars. The gain on this amp is just so beautiful.
Agree 100%. Monstrous sounding little devil.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
I passed on a green one long ago when I bought my gold horsie Klon. Both were in the same shop, Klon #250 and that CD 30. Naperville, IL. Should have bought it then. Great amp.

Dave Orban

It's one of the very few things I truly regret selling.

I used to own a CD30 and a P-XX, Cesar was a friend (best friends with a close friend of mine)....great sounding amps, but his construction and finish work was subpar... Had to have the cabinets basically rebuilt due to poor construction....still wish I had kept them..... He was a good dude, wished he was still around...

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Thats my hometown, which store??
That is my wife's hometown as well.

I don't remember the name. It was downtown, on the second floor, with a sign on the street. There was an open door on the street but you had to go upstairs to get to his shop. Across from Potter's, I think (where we often have eaten).

Run by a young guy, with a real 52 Les Paul and dark hair. Small shop, almost all boutique. Back then he had McInturff, Diaz, and other stuff I had never seen. This was long ago, when the Klon was brand new---early 90's? I bought one of the first ones there for $250. The next time I visited it had already closed.

thisisajs

That is my wife's hometown as well.

I don't remember the name. It was downtown, on the second floor, with a sign on the street. There was an open door on the street but you had to go upstairs to get to his shop. Across from Potter's, I think (where we often have eaten).

Run by a young guy, with a real 52 Les Paul and dark hair. Small shop, almost all boutique. Back then he had McInturff, Diaz, and other stuff I had never seen. This was long ago, when the Klon was brand new---early 90's? I bought one of the first ones there for $250. The next time I visited it had already closed.
I know the place! I was too young to know what any of that boutique stuff was at the time - doh!

Trending Topics