• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dice in strat bridges...?

highrise

Saw this picture...it's somedudes...look at the dice behind the bridge...and the lack of springs...would this work for a hardtail? I never thought to remove the springs.

Thoughts?

bobgoblin

Silver Supporting Member
I used to do that very same thing on my old Strat. It works fine, better if you find a way to keep the dice from ever moving.

Bottle_Rocket

I think the springs effect the way the guitar sounds. I have all 5 springs tightened up so the bridge is flat against the body.

highrise

I think the springs effect the way the guitar sounds. I have all 5 springs tightened up so the bridge is flat against the body.
Me too. I have the spring claw all the way to wood too. I'm a fan of that *sproing* that goes along with strats...just wondering what the tonal differences are. I'm guessing I'd lose the *sproing*.

Dave Klausner

Sonny Landreth's guitar tech showed me how he blocked the trem on his Strats. It was a stack of nickels wrapped in electrical tape.

jaycee

Doesn't have to be pretty as long as it works! I think the dice look kinda cool.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
I'm using an actual "block" from leftover toy blocks on one. Left the springs though.

cottoneyedjoe

I just recently picked up a Clapton strat. I was shocked at how much sustain it had over my actual hardtail.

That blocked tremolo really improves the tone. Especially with the springs in it.

Dizi

I wouldn't use nickles, or dice. I would use the heaviest block of wood I could squeeze in there. Transfer more of the strings vibration into the body, way more tone. And leave all five springs too, same theory.

But I like to use my trem, so I set it up flush mounted. More tone than floating.

Trending Topics