• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dickey Betts @ Cleveland House of Blues

KevinF

My buddy and I went to the Dickey Betts show at the Cleveland House of Blues last night. We went down early to grab some food, drinks and check out the opening act. I have been a huge fan of the Allman Brothers for a long time and have seen the current lineup on numerous occassions. I unfortunately hadn't had a chance to see Dickey before.

What an amazing show!!! He played for almost three and a half hours with only a short intermission between the two sets. The man still has it together and the band is extremely tight. Both his son Duane Betts, and Andy Aledort were also playing guitar. All three were using Marshall Plexis and 4x12 cabs loaded with JBLs. They played a bunch of Allman brothers tunes and some of his own material.

I highly recommend checking out Dickey if he is playing in a town near you.

Shnook

Silver Supporting Member
Great to hear Dickey put on a good show. Dickey is one guy I really want to get a chance to see one day. Somehow I keep missing him.

M@tt C

Silver Supporting Member
Aw man, I missed it! I had no idea he was even on the road, much less in Cleveburg last night. I'm a big ABB fan, and to see Dickey would have been awesome.

Sigh........

BadAssBill

Saw him and the band a number of years back....great show, he couldn't have been more nice and sincere. Who knew a monster lurks underneath.

mbrann

I saw Dickey the night before in Columbus and had a great time. I've been a fan since '73 and have seen him many times. He put on a great show and seemed to really appreciate the large and enthusiastic crowd. And I was once again struck by how truly unique his sound is. When you're at a Dickey Betts concert there's no confusing his music with anyone else.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
How was the drummer?

In the HDNet concert from last year, he seemed to be the weak point.

And does he still have the Gregg Allman look-alike playing keys? That was a little weird. I'd still like to see him.

zep41

How was the drummer?

And does he still have the Gregg Allman look-alike playing keys? That was a little weird. I'd still like to see him.
there were two drummers, ABB style. Both seemed ok, I mean besides Eliz Reed (where they both did very well) most songs they played didnt call for the best drummer(s) around --- just good enough to keep it simple and provide a backdrop for the 3 lead guitars. ]

Didnt look close enough to be able to tell if the keyboard guy was a Gregg lookalike. But he played well -- however a piano solo as opposed to a B3 Hammond solo in Eliz Reed seemed a bit out of place.

KevinF

How was the drummer?

As somebody else stated, he has two drummers in the band. I did notice a couple of times during the show where the beat got slightly off and Dickey's son Duane, turned around to signal the drummers with some rythmic head nodding to bring it all back together.

They still have the Gregg Allman looking cat playing keys. He is really a good player although some of his solos were Gregg's note for note.

Andy Aledort played strat and slide all night. I know him for alot of his articles/lessons in the various guitar mags. This guy is a MONSTER player!!!

I hope that Dickey swings back through Cleveland sometime in the near future... I'll definetly go back to see him.

Trending Topics