• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Did Anyone actually play a New Year's Eve gig?

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
We played last night in a large honky tonk. They have a large stage and green room so I had the left hand third to myself and was masked up and socially distanced in the green room. The joint was pretty full and folks danced and had fun. The county where the honky tonk is located has fewer active cases than the city I live in, so I figured it was a push and I would be extra careful.

I will say, that first tune with folks who have been on the bench as far as gigs was raging, so much pent up energy and frustration. It was like riding a wave. It was a lot of fun and took my mind off my worries.

All the best y’all.
Very cool ...

Mickey Shane

apolitical
Silver Supporting Member
I missed the $ that NYE shows always bring. But oddly, I didn't miss working on a Holiday.

wire-n-wood

Silver Supporting Member
I played a nye gig last night in Melbourne Australia. I was concerned the whole time as no one was bothering to wear a mask on the dancefloor, no social distancing going on. I was thinking it could be a potential disaster waiting to happen. Not a great mindset to be in while playing.
Oh man.

27sauce

I did, for the first time in 6 or 7 years.

Outdoor gig with table seating. I would have much rather stayed home, especially with temps in the 30’s. No thanks.

MGT

Was supposed to but the bars & restaurants are closed here (other than for takeout) due to Covid.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom