• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

did anyone use the chordhouse/look no hands website?

skydawg

for those who don't know what it was it was a great online scale/chord generator.anyways it looks like the domain has expired...does anyone know if it will be back online?

Clifford-D

Got turmed on to it through Kimock who likes it for slant bar stuff.

I think it's amazing.

I always turn my students on to it.

And the guitar seems way better than the piano version.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but the site I linked to is still active. It says "Last modified: 01/13/2008 19:37:59". Is there somewhere on the site that says their shuting down?

notubble

This site has been quite a resource for many of us. The register.com site means that they did not renew the domain name, it is not necessarily gone. give it a week or two and it could be back up if they decide to renew or pay their bill. If after a few weeks its not back, then it is probably gone.

EDIT : *Site is active*

rancid.keone

It's back up again. Just wanted to say that without this website, I wouldn't be the guitarist I am today. I basically learned guitar from grabbing lessons from wholenote.com website and using chordhouse to further "dissect" what I didn't understand.

Killer site, the guy who runs it is pretty cool too.

By the way, I've been using chordhouse ever since I first got into guitar back in senior-year in high school--even though it's been down a few times, I've been using this for the past thirteen years of my guitar-life!!

skydawg

Wow, this was originally posted back in 08. It's been back up and functional for quite some time now.

My site is down again. I have no idea why yet. I recently actually checked my domain registration and it should have been fine for at least several more years. I just added another 4 years to the registration just to make sure. I'll be working today on finding out what went wrong and how to fix it. Have a busy day with the wife and kids ahead of me, but will do my best to get this sorted as soon as possible. So sorry for the inconvenience :-( -- Erik

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
My site is down again. I have no idea why yet. I recently actually checked my domain registration and it should have been fine for at least several more years. I just added another 4 years to the registration just to make sure. I'll be working today on finding out what went wrong and how to fix it. Have a busy day with the wife and kids ahead of me, but will do my best to get this sorted as soon as possible. So sorry for the inconvenience :-( -- Erik
GREAT to hear from you Erik! That site has been a mainstay of mine for years & I was crushed to see it gone. There is nothing else out there like it.
I lost half my left (fretting hand) middle finger 25 years ago and have a style of playing in Open E with a slide on the half finger. The Chord House Advanced Guitar Room is how I figured out how to play or suggest all the chord voicings I use, that I can play in Open E with 3 fingers. The scales are a huge help too. Please do let us know when it comes back on or if there is a different url or anything.
Thanks more than I can say for doing such a fantastic resource!

Okay, as it turned out I had messed up my DNS server settings last time I checked my domain name expirations. I have corrected that now. I hope the change will propagate quickly so the site is back up soon. So sorry! -- It could take up to 24 to 48 hours, apparently...

GREAT to hear from you Erik! That site has been a mainstay of mine for years & I was crushed to see it gone. There is nothing else out there like it.
I lost half my left (fretting hand) middle finger 25 years ago and have a style of playing in Open E with a slide on the half finger. The Chord House Advanced Guitar Room is how I figured out how to play or suggest all the chord voicings I use, that I can play in Open E with 3 fingers. The scales are a huge help too. Please do let us know when it comes back on or if there is a different url or anything.
Thanks more than I can say for doing such a fantastic resource!
It's really fun to hear from real users and how the site has helped them! Sorry to hear you've lost a finger, but amazing you've managed to work around it :)

Trending Topics