did anyone use the chordhouse/look no hands website?

skydawg

for those who don't know what it was it was a great online scale/chord generator.anyways it looks like the domain has expired...does anyone know if it will be back online?

Clifford-D

Got turmed on to it through Kimock who likes it for slant bar stuff.

I think it's amazing.

I always turn my students on to it.

And the guitar seems way better than the piano version.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but the site I linked to is still active. It says "Last modified: 01/13/2008 19:37:59". Is there somewhere on the site that says their shuting down?

notubble

This site has been quite a resource for many of us. The register.com site means that they did not renew the domain name, it is not necessarily gone. give it a week or two and it could be back up if they decide to renew or pay their bill. If after a few weeks its not back, then it is probably gone.

EDIT : *Site is active*

rancid.keone

It's back up again. Just wanted to say that without this website, I wouldn't be the guitarist I am today. I basically learned guitar from grabbing lessons from wholenote.com website and using chordhouse to further "dissect" what I didn't understand.

Killer site, the guy who runs it is pretty cool too.

By the way, I've been using chordhouse ever since I first got into guitar back in senior-year in high school--even though it's been down a few times, I've been using this for the past thirteen years of my guitar-life!!

skydawg

Wow, this was originally posted back in 08. It's been back up and functional for quite some time now.

My site is down again. I have no idea why yet. I recently actually checked my domain registration and it should have been fine for at least several more years. I just added another 4 years to the registration just to make sure. I'll be working today on finding out what went wrong and how to fix it. Have a busy day with the wife and kids ahead of me, but will do my best to get this sorted as soon as possible. So sorry for the inconvenience :-( -- Erik

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
My site is down again. I have no idea why yet. I recently actually checked my domain registration and it should have been fine for at least several more years. I just added another 4 years to the registration just to make sure. I'll be working today on finding out what went wrong and how to fix it. Have a busy day with the wife and kids ahead of me, but will do my best to get this sorted as soon as possible. So sorry for the inconvenience :-( -- Erik
GREAT to hear from you Erik! That site has been a mainstay of mine for years & I was crushed to see it gone. There is nothing else out there like it.
I lost half my left (fretting hand) middle finger 25 years ago and have a style of playing in Open E with a slide on the half finger. The Chord House Advanced Guitar Room is how I figured out how to play or suggest all the chord voicings I use, that I can play in Open E with 3 fingers. The scales are a huge help too. Please do let us know when it comes back on or if there is a different url or anything.
Thanks more than I can say for doing such a fantastic resource!

Okay, as it turned out I had messed up my DNS server settings last time I checked my domain name expirations. I have corrected that now. I hope the change will propagate quickly so the site is back up soon. So sorry! -- It could take up to 24 to 48 hours, apparently...

GREAT to hear from you Erik! That site has been a mainstay of mine for years & I was crushed to see it gone. There is nothing else out there like it.
I lost half my left (fretting hand) middle finger 25 years ago and have a style of playing in Open E with a slide on the half finger. The Chord House Advanced Guitar Room is how I figured out how to play or suggest all the chord voicings I use, that I can play in Open E with 3 fingers. The scales are a huge help too. Please do let us know when it comes back on or if there is a different url or anything.
Thanks more than I can say for doing such a fantastic resource!

It's really fun to hear from real users and how the site has helped them! Sorry to hear you've lost a finger, but amazing you've managed to work around it :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom