Did I Get Scammed?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Last Nerve, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

When tracking a package with the tracking number given to me for a USPS Priority shipment, this is what I got:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on October 10, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Any idea what this means? Looks to me like the package hasn't actually gone out?

2. jeak

jeak Member

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't worry yet. I've seen the USPS take days to show shipping/delivery info on its website. Sometimes packages arrive before the site is updated.

3. Last Nerve

I just had a Priority Mail envelope show up from NYC.
    Took a week!

Bought a pedal from the Emporium, and now the ad is gone, which makes sense as the pedal is sold. But it was coming from inside Cali to me. Frustrating.

4. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

it just means that the postal service hasn't scanned the delivery confirmation number on the physical package yet....it just depends on when and where (and if) they scan the package along the way. i've seen several packages reach the destination before scanning...or being scanned at all. i track packages for customers all of the time at work, and it's pretty common. i guess it has to do with volume of packages or maybe that some post offices don't have the same technology as others.

chris

5. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

Agreed, don't worry. USPS sometimes sort of tracks, usually doesn't, but typically delivers just fine (and faster than UPS). The sender may not have bought the "Registered Mail" upgrade, in which case you won't get any further updates.

Just getting the "electronically notified" message is a great sign that the package is most likely in the system.

6. Last Nerve

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

7. muddy

muddy Member

ya know, they're slow as shite. you'll get the package before they update their info on it. happens ALL the time! and that message above is standard. you have nothing to worry about.

ml

8. Frethog

Frethog Member

I'm assuming you received that message tonight (which is the standard message when they don't scan the package right away).

The 10th was Columbus Day and USPS gets it off as a federal holiday, so everything probably got backed up a little.

9. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

It's the post office what do you expect, they'll probably post the delivery date two weeks after you receive the package. I have given up on tracking any postal items because from what I can tell the system doesn't work. You'll get your package will show up, have a little faith.

10. madsr

madsr Member

the usps will tell you when the package was delivered a day or 2 after you recieve it..until then..it will say that same thing...

11. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I usually use Priority for shipping pedals, but I don't bother with the tracking anymore for just the reason you mentioned. They don't seem to update the website until AFTER it's been delivered. Good service, bad tracking.

I wouldn't worry.

12. trinitysun

trinitysun Member

I get nervous every time I track with USPS. It's always screwy while in transit, but once it's delivered they update the website within 2 hours. I've checked my PO Box; empty. checked online an hour later; delivered. Gone back and picked up my package.

13. Last Nerve

Package arrived today.
    If gas were so much out here, I could have driven down and picked it up quicker. :)