• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Did I kill my Nova Delay??

EricGay

Bought it used 3 weeks ago. Played it 3 times. Used a universal power adapter running 12v and 500mA. Worked perfectly each time. Plugged it up Friday for a gig and my notes sounded like they had a ring modulator on them, very crazy. Narrowed it down to the Nova. Messing with the power supply, I accidentally inverted the polarity going into the pedal, but was still acting funny. Then no audio at all.

The pedal functions properly, screen, tap tempo, presets, everything, except no audio passes through the pedal, not even when the pedal is bypassed.

I even went and purchased a power supply with the exact specs as the TC supply but still no audio. Did I fry the inside of the pedal? I hate to think I spent $135 for nothing.

EricGay

No :( bought it used and, like a dummy, I didn't make sure it came with the power supply and warranty info before hand.

gtrbarbarian

Gold Supporting Member
I'd contact the seller and see if he has the receipt....you could always follow the buyer trail back to the original buyer with some work....but it's probably not worth it....

cubistguitar

Oh no, power is just about the only thing to kill a pedal. Nice pedal too, just be super careful from now on. Another reason why most of my stuff is on the board , power settled long time ago.

EricGay

Yeah I suppose I'll just eat the $135, maybe could sell for parts. I'll invest in another and do the power right from the beginning. Doh!!

Geosh

Yeah I suppose I'll just eat the $135, maybe could sell for parts. I'll invest in another and do the power right from the beginning. Doh!!
Might be an easy fix. A lot of pedals have protection diodes for reversed power to protect the board. You might just have to replace a part or two.

mcdes

Member of no importance
If its more than just diodes, a friend of mine said he could get replacement circuit boards for his one that packed up, presumably from TC.

Structo

Might be an easy fix. A lot of pedals have protection diodes for reversed power to protect the board. You might just have to replace a part or two.

Have this checked out.

A lot of high end pedals and effects have reverse polarity protection.

EricGay

How I find out if it is a diode? Just crack her open and explore? I asked TC about this and they dodged the question and told me to contact Lifetime Service Center and schedule a repair. Any experience with this company? I really don't want to spend $100 to get this repaired.

Geosh

How I find out if it is a diode? Just crack her open and explore? I asked TC about this and they dodged the question and told me to contact Lifetime Service Center and schedule a repair. Any experience with this company? I really don't want to spend $100 to get this repaired.
If you can look on the circuit and find where the power jack is connected, the diode wont usually be far from that. You can test from the jack with a multimeter for voltage and start at the jack and then on the near and far side of the protection diode. If it is bad, you wont have voltage after it or anywhere else in the circuit.

If you aren't electronics savvy, maybe find a friend who is. It isn't terribly difficult, but if you aren't familiar with electronic parts it can be a little overwhelming. Especially with a complex pedal like that with small components.

stinkfoot

Unless it is completely dead (no lights or anything), I doubt it's the protection diode. When it fails, it shorts the power out completely. This seems to be a more complicated problem...

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
I would think that pedal would have some fail safes for that kind of accident. I would just call TC

Trending Topics