• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

did not know that...curt cobain played a fernandez

saxophonist56

Silver Supporting Member
saw it in a 91 concert. what was it? are they now selling for big bucks?
always liked the fernandez stuff i tried out. navarro famously used the travel fernandez with the built in amp/speaker with a dying battery on a chili peppers album.

saxophonist56

Silver Supporting Member
Which album?

i think it was one hot minute but it was the last one he made with them...( i knew that)

there's a dave navarro instructional video.... he actually spoon feeds you his famous songs....and ends it with don't learn guitar by watching a video statement.

Last edited:

73watermutt

It was actually a Fender Strat but he snapped the neck and his tech put on whatever he could find at the time. He smashed them so fast that they would run out of Fender parts and use whatever was handy.

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
i believe the fernandez necked guitar (not sure if it's all a fernandez) was used a lot on the "live at the paramount" from '91
and "live at reading" in '92.

Davo17

That neck was used on a few guitars, it seemed to survive the thrashing his MIJ standards were getting at the time.

Its Kurt lol. But he did not play a fernandez. He played a fender strat and had fernandez build him some cheaper necks for the guitars so that when he beat them up he could replace the neck. So he could use the same body but when the necks broke,easy fix

Top Bottom