Did they sort the weird ring modulator noises on the Atomic?

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
Had an Atomic (as I have blabbered on about) and sold it for the usual reasons. I know after that point; there were weird issues with the ring modulator noise and I think one more strange noise/fw glitch. Is this still a thing or no?

MJ Slaughter

Silver Supporting Member
Had an Atomic (as I have blabbered on about) and sold it for the usual reasons. I know after that point; there were weird issues with the ring modulator noise and I think one more strange noise/fw glitch. Is this still a thing or no?

If this is what you're referring to it has been corrected in the V4 update. Since updating I have not had this problem again.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
That is the only weird sound issue I experienced and I have been using the Amplifire for about 18 months.
Awesome. Thanks for the informed reply. I am slowly swinging back around to the Atomic in my mind. Mainly for form factor reasons if nothing else. I know the tones are there.

BCy2k

I've heard a lot about this strange problem, but I can't say I ever ran into this issue. Which is odd as I was among the very earliest AA users. Glad to hear it's been sorted though.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the replies; guys. 2 more things then I'll quit bugging you :p

1. Is the fx loop movable now or no?
2. Are the delays as they have updated the fw better? IE Dual Delay on Ax, Kemper and even Helix were great but I could not get the Atomic to do anything remotely as trigger tripping when I had it.

dbagchee

Silver Supporting Member
1. Yes FX loop is moveable now per preset
2. I can't remember what the option were when you had it but there are now 4 delay blocks within the delay effect that can be set to series or parallel and linked via tap tempo. I'd say it still needs a little more flexibility to get a true delay stacking type effect (analog into digital delay for example) but there are a ton of parameters now to get a very rich sounding delay tone.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
1. Yes FX loop is moveable now per preset
2. I can't remember what the option were when you had it but there are now 4 delay blocks within the delay effect that can be set to series or parallel and linked via tap tempo. I'd say it still needs a little more flexibility to get a true delay stacking type effect (analog into digital delay for example) but there are a ton of parameters now to get a very rich sounding delay tone.
That's great to hear. I am mulling over returning to Atomic land at some point and both of these things were fairly high on my "would be cool if..." list

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
You aren't digging the Kemper?
No I am still loving the Kemper. I just keep coming back to form factor for gigging and trying to break it down as small as it can physically get while still tripping my trigger. I have a practice tonight with the Kemper then a gig on Saturday. That is the deadline I set for myself to decide.

bdrepko

No I am still loving the Kemper. I just keep coming back to form factor for gigging and trying to break it down as small as it can physically get while still tripping my trigger. I have a practice tonight with the Kemper then a gig on Saturday. That is the deadline I set for myself to decide.
I am still trying to decide if I want to go with my AX8 or the Kemper. Both sound really good, but the AX8 seems a little more stage friendly.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
I am still trying to decide if I want to go with my AX8 or the Kemper. Both sound really good, but the AX8 seems a little more stage friendly.
I would go AX for stage simplicity. I gigged with my AX once and it went of without a hitch and sounded great. So of course I got rid of it.

MJ Slaughter

Silver Supporting Member
That's great to hear. I am mulling over returning to Atomic land at some point and both of these things were fairly high on my "would be cool if..." list

Getting tired yet?

hamster-wheel-03-600.jpg

ratbastid

BTW, since you skipped AmpliFireTown, the latest update included some envelope-based effects like Volume Swell and Auto-Wah. They're nice, and in Studio Devil style, EXTREMELY flexible.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
The Atomic is great. Best modeler to dip your toe in the pool with or the best one (for me :D) if you want to keep things simple but still sound awesome. I could have stayed with it indefinitely as it just did what it did perfectly. You know how GAS works though :anon

Took the Kemper to practice for the second time last night. Darn thing is just sooooo good sounding. Got some plans in place to condense the sprawl and I think I am going to leave it that way for a while. If the twitching remains after said plans go into effect; I'll come back to the Atomic.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom