• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Did You Buy Any Guitars Amps & Kit During Lockdown

sunbrst62

Platinum Supporting Member
D37495F1-9DC5-4708-AB7D-AA4CF53ED771.jpeg acquired 7/27- 6.5 lbs, 9.5 with 6125 frets. Budz 2.0. First new guitar since 2017.

Last edited:

Mazzolar59

I finally broke down after nearly 50 years of playing, and bought my first "Gibson" Les Paul. (I'd still take a strat or tele any day of the week).

PickPlucker

Just completed my "Covid 19 Collection" with #19 yesterday, a Classic Player Baja Tele.

Others include a 2018 AmPro, 2007 American Series Tele, 2016 EC Blackie, 2006 Diamond Anniv. Strat., 2002 Fat Texas Special, 2008 Squier Bullet, a nice Fiesta Red Partscaster with an awesome Warmoth neck. , an Eastwood Delta 6, and a Harley Benton ST-62DLX upgraded with gold hardware, locking tuners and an EC tone circuit, and an Epipone LP ES-Pro.

Got a few amps..some as part of the above purchases. 2 Katana 100s, an MKI and an MKII, Peavy Envoy 110 Red Stripe and a Marshal DSL5c, Fender Acoustasonic SFX joined my Peavey XXX 2x12 and Orange Micro Dark Head.

Gadgets, etc., bought a loaded Tele pickguard for a future project, got a Digitech Trio, buncha wireless t/r's to keep the clutter down and lots of racks and stands to keep it all tidy.

All purchased from private parties or my local mom and pop. On stuff I bought from online/bigger retailers were some locking tuner sets, strap locks, stands, strings, etc..

Last edited:

xrcdan

sold all but 3 of my electrics and bought the following acoustics :

martin om-28
martin ceo-9
gibson ag parlor
taylor 322ce 12 fret
huss and dalton mjc
eastman dt30d

all on line deals from 6 different shops.

woodymq

Silver Supporting Member
I kinda went nuts on building projects. First I sold this Frankenstein Jazzmaster from a JM body and ‘62 Strat neck:
6A88EF5C-E96E-48FB-A844-6FBB0A3D0C96.jpeg

Using the remaining parts, I bought a new neck and did a Sonic Blue refin on a Jazzmaster partscaster, which I sold on eBay:
E43CDF6E-745D-45CD-B50A-81AC27126F51.jpeg

I built a Uke with my daughter from a Stewmac kit:
CC03170A-B7EA-4676-9343-B96702D7C893.jpeg

then I bought a new Gator pedalboard, Odyssey rack, George L cable kit, SupaTrem, and Big Muff Pi deluxe to modernize my rig.

... oh and I’m selling a 90s Sovtek tall-font Big Muff right now on Reverb.

Then I ordered a new reissue 70’s Strat neck, and a Warmoth body and started building this:
0AA4C8DD-083F-4F2B-A5D7-EBE69B9040C7.jpeg

so.. nothing much really. ;)

From stores, no. I did find a Marshall DSL40C used, with a Creamback Celestion speaker upgrade, for $350 USD, on facebook marketplace I think, that was too good to pass up. As a result, though, I sold a 100W Marshall MOSFET "Reverb Twin" 2x12 (5213), to partially offset the price.

So, net, same amount of gear. But I did buy an amp.

Here is the Marshall family between the two sales. The DSL is second from bottom, the MOSFET 2x12 is on the bottom. Everything except the DSL is an '80s solid state.

oh.my

4 guitars and a Marshall head. Can't pass up a screamin' deal.

Actually it was 6 guitars but I returned 2

Jimbo99

I spent more in 2019 than I did in 2020. Price increases of 2020 really effected what I was willing to spend on anything. Beyond a Pulse tube amp head & 1x12 cabinet I spent maybe $ 175 in 2020 for pedals. $ 500 total. I think I'm set though for as long as that gear works. I would like an Eventide H9 maybe, but for now the Behringer V-Amp 3 does effects & cab sims, so I probably don't even need the Eventide H9.

kmanick

Silver Supporting Member
Hmmm.... 2 MIJ Charvels from 2010 ( a socal and a wild card #4 , just sold the wild card yesterday though) a 2002 USA Jackson Soloist SL-1
A Mojotone 2X12 British slant cab and a Splawn Supersport head.
I'm getting a little out of control ...boredom shopping. Some good deals out there, but on Reverb in particular, a lot of the Jackson Sellers are high on crack.

JJ Fux

Yes sir, I sure did. 2 guitars, 3 multi-effects pedals, I think 3 analog pedals, 1 amp and a soldering kit.

With the exception to one, every single item I've purchased so far has went back to the store for a refund.

mad dog

Gold Supporting Member
I sold more than I bought. What came in: a late 90s Evans SE 150 1x15 SS amp ... a Gretsch 5422t hollowbody ... an eastman T64V hollowbody.

Razzle

Absolutely, it seems to be a good time to buy (I"m sorry to say that some people are selling b/c they need the funds:

Agile AL-2000 Floyd
Gibson LP Classic PP
Charvel DK24

All of them were good deals.

I passed on 1000 other overpriced items (lots of stuff out there on ebay and Reverb that is simply overpriced).

Trending Topics