Did you ever miss a guitar so much you had to get it back?

phillybri

In my case, I didn't get the exact guitar back, but after a little over a year I bought another Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas in the Chlorine Burst finish.

I even lucked out because this one isn't nearly as heavy as the one I got rid of...WOO HOO!!!

Jim85IROC

Silver Supporting Member
No, but I'm at the point in my hobby that I'm flipping a ton of them and I find that the constant in/out revolving door of guitars affords me the opportunity to play and work on a ton of stuff, which I've found to be more fun than being locked in with a few favorites.

cap10kirk

Yeah, I bought back the exact guitar I had sold. And I quickly remembered why I had sold it in the first place. Lesson learned, I sold it again, and don't miss it or any of the others I've sold over the years.

Chaoschoir

Sold a 1976 Antigua Strat which I regret to this day. The owner of the mom and pop music store that I sold it to knew I was strapped for cash. He told me he would hold the guitar in the back for six months and if I came back within that time, he would sell it to me for what he gave me.

I never went back…

Chaoschoir

Yes! My main (and only electric) guitar from 1992-2008 I sold in 2010 to a friend. I finally bought it back from him last year. So glad to be reunited. Currently it is not my main though but I am still stoked to have it. 1979 antigua Fender Stratocaster with rosewood finger board and hardtail bridge. Amazing tone!

It pains me just to look at that guitar. Had one with a maple neck. Never got it back. You’re truly lucky to be reunited with that guitar.

macrossgeorge

Sold a 1976 Antigua Strat which I regret to this day. The owner of the mom and pop music store that I sold it to knew I was strapped for cash. He told me he would hold the guitar in the back for six months and if I came back within that time, he would sell it to me for what he gave me.

I never went back…
So sorry to hear that. But glad there is another lover of these models. Mine is quite heavy but sounds are worth it. Hope that you can get another some day

Paleolith54

In my case, I didn't get the exact guitar back, but after a little over a year I bought another Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas in the Chlorine Burst finish.

I even lucked out because this one isn't nearly as heavy as the one I got rid of...WOO HOO!!!
I've wanted to get one back. I should not have traded it. If there was a way to do so, I probably would but it's long gone.

It's kind of a dumb sentiment, but there it is.

Family Man

Silver Supporting Member
I’m on the other side of the equation with one guitar. I bought this hard tail Strat for $760. After a few months the previous owner asked to buy it back and offered up to $1,380 for it. To this day, I’m thankful I didn’t sell it back.

Last edited:

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I wouldn't say I missed it, and at the time selling it was just another step in the GASing process I went through. But years later I started wanting another one, more than just GAS which has waned for me finally, I really felt it would be an important acquisition and a perfect compliment to my main guitar.

And I was right, those two are my one-two punch and I could be happy without any others. I still have others of course though :bonk