• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Did you miss the FX quality when switching from Fractal to Kemper?

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
There is a real selling point. Hundreds of great amps at your fingertips. You just need to buy them all first. :D
Yeah... I would've done this differently, now that I know better.

But start with the free ones. There are over 15k out there in Rig Exchange. Even if only 1% are considered great, that's still a bunch. Many of the profile makers offer free intro packs, and there are many good ones.

I'd recommend getting the Tone Junkies everything pack right now. It's $150, for something like 4300 profiles. They really do a professional job, and they have a HUGE library of hard-to-get amps.

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
That's why I moved along. I got stuck in the Profile rabbit hole.

Also, Kemper couldn't do the EVH micro pitch detune thing that well. Haven't found anyone aside from Fractal who can.
If you're a rabbit-hole personality, the Axe FX is arguably worse, what with deep editing and nearly limitless IRs and AxeChange and 3rd party stuff like AustinBuddy et al.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
If you're a rabbit-hole personality, the Axe FX is arguably worse, what with deep editing and nearly limitless IRs and AxeChange and 3rd party stuff like AustinBuddy et al.
I am and it’s not, for me anyway.

lenster

Just spent a good amount of time with a mate, (who is also interested in his 1st Kemper/Fractal) comparing the two units. Have to say, The AX8 holds its own regardless of what i do. I'm currently thinking i might grab the FM3 when they land here in OZ, that way i don't loose my spot in the invites. Then lay a deposit down on the Kemper Stage. Best of both worlds then.
Thanx everyone for your input, such a great time to be a guitarist with all theses tools at our disposal.
:)

AndrewSimon

Did you miss the FX quality when switching from Fractal to Kemper?
No
Basic Legacy Reverb and Delay is all I need.
I have a favorite Ambiance setting, I use it on every preset.

bdrepko

No one's feelings are hurt.

You should take your edgelord posting over to 4chan or 8kun... they'll think you're a riot over there.
I want even talking to you. If you dont have a sense of humor then I suggest you need to leave this board.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
@Elantric @JiveTurkey So you guys have seen me on this board for many years. You think I am trying to troll this board? Really guys?
No no no I didn't take it that way at all BD! You're not trolling. I just know for me, that I didn't have to dive in to the paid profile rabbit hole. It's a thing for sure; but not a thing I ever had a problem with.

bdrepko

No no no I didn't take it that way at all BD! You're not trolling. I just know for me, that I didn't have to dive in to the paid profile rabbit hole. It's a thing for sure; but not a thing I ever had a problem with.
I had a Kemper for a little while. Didnt have a problem with it at all. The only reason I dont have it now is I just had too much stuff and needed to downsize. I was just making light of Pat6969's comment.

scook

Silver Supporting Member
No one's feelings are hurt.

You should take your edgelord posting over to 4chan or 8kun... they'll think you're a riot over there.
Agree completely. I just read through this whole thread and was like... Wtf where did that hostility come from? That kind of thing makes tgp a much worse place to hang out and read and learn.

bdrepko

There are 64,000+ rigs on the Kemper Rix Exchange, many of them are f'ing excellent.

You don't have to buy squat.
The original comment you made here was in response to a comment I made to Pat6969. This was the start of the hostilities.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
Once again, I click the "Unwatch Thread" link ....
To be fair; this thread has already been done a bazillion times already. So there's nothing new to really see that those of us (including yourself) that have been around the block a time or 700 doesn't already "know".

Trending Topics