• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Diezel Einstein combo?

waini001

I played an Einstein about 3-4 years ago and loved it. The 3 modes on channel 1 are all great and channel 2 absolutely RIPS. I also like the simplicity of it...non switching between the 3 modes on ch 1 doesn't bother me in the least.

I have pretty much decided on the 50 watt Einstein combo...for a versatile, compact set up. Are there any owners out there that can comment on the combo? I have only played through the head. Also, are there any other 1X12 combos that can offer the versatility of the Einstein that I should also consider?

I currently have an EL34 Shiva head and OS Bogner 2X12 with V30s; and a Soldano Decatone played through a Soldano 4X12 with the Eminence speakers....looking forward to having a more compact set up.

I'm thinking the Einstein combo is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Cheers!

waini001

more specifically: how is the combo's reverb? Surely, there must be a few of you "tone hounds" out there that have tried this combo?:)

Acrobat

Hi, the reverb is very usable, it can go from slightly soft to very deep ones. Although, with the effect loops in the Einstein, it's clearly not an issue, as you can add whatever reverb pedal or rack you want if you like a different flavor.

waini001

Thanks for the reply Acrobat.
I would rather not use any effects through the loop, as I'm trying to "condense" my gigging rig to be "grab and go". A Wah, mad prof. OD, and maybe a Fulltone MDV-2 in front and that's it. I'm still waiting for my local dealer to get them in stock...end of Apr/early May. I'm sure the on-board reverb is great.

Does anyone own a combo?...how "big" does the 1X12 shell sound? I've only played the head through a Diezel 4x12...of course, it sounded huge :AOK

Acrobat

I have the combo, and it sounds very well. The only time I heard it through a 4x12" cab in the shop, and it's clearly different. Maybe a little more open.

The combo, though is perfectly capable of sounding huge!

Diezelman

I have had all 3 Diezel models. I think the Einstein 50w combo IS THE ONE that will be remembered the most over time. So versatile yet definitely has its own mojo. I bring this in where guys have their "big rigs" and this just rocks in all departments. You won't be sorry. I loved the Herbert, but this has so much of the Herbert except the Heavy Heavies! Its reverb and cleans are beautiful. 50w is MORE than enough unless your doing really big venues. I love my decision to go Fractal and keep the Combo. I sold literally 12k worth of gear and don't miss a thing, but STILL love my 50w combo.That would have been a bad thing to do (to sell it),

Trending Topics