Diezel Einstein has a new home... mine!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by tonefreak, Sep 8, 2005.

1. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Very pleased with this purchase. Thanks to all of those members here who helped make this possible by purchasing some of the equipment I had for sale!

Big thanks to Noel at Tone Merchants as well!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

what does an Einstein set you back???

I'll be looking to try one when they start showing up used.

3. Randy

Randy Member

4. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

List is $2899.95... I may be off a penny or two! No discounts if you buy it new.

It might be several months before they start hitting the used market. I've heard of a Tone Merchant customer that compared the Einstein Channel 2 to his Soldano SLO100 to see if it could keep up. It did and he's an owner of the 100W of the Eistein.

Mine is 50W... plent ooomph for me! I cannot begin to express how jazz'd I am about this amp. I'm going back to re-track the guitar on a bunch of songs I've already completed!!

5. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

only as "alex" still hasnt made any clips of his..ill send the chi town posse after him soon:D

6. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Let's see if I can't beat him to the punch! :D

7. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

with my rk100./....for the orgification process of womenkind(or something to that effect):dude

8. yanquii

yanquii Member

Im saving up for one right now. They are incredible.

I have spent a good amount of time with the Einstein, and I didnt hear any similarities to an SLO.

9. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I would agree that it doesn't sound like a SLO, but I found that it had a more hybrid tone that you might find when you combine a SLO with a Trem-O-Verb or Rectifier.

What cabinet and speakers did you use? That could be the difference there as well.

Symantics really... bottom line, Channel 2 plummels!!!!!

10. yanquii

yanquii Member

It was a Diezel 4x12. Im not sure what speakers or model the cabinet was, though.

It is everything I have ever wanted in an amp. The mid-gain tones were freaking unbelieveable, and yes, Channel 2 is pummeling!

It was so warm and thick, but clear and sparkly. I cant even describe it well with words. Just amazing.:)

11. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I played mine through a Diezel 2x12.

I totally agree that it's an amazing amp. Organic, open, articulate.... I could go on and on.

It's hard to describe because of the large variety of outstanding tones. It's like... okay, this sounds like Fender BF, but wait... now I'm hearing Plexi... Oh, hold on... EVH tone... hey, that sounds very Tweed-ish... etc. It's hard to pin point what the Einstein sounds like because of it's cameleon like ability while adding a Diezel twist.

I expect to be in the honeymoon phase for quite some time!

12. yanquii

yanquii Member

haha, couldnt have said it better.

have fun with it!:D

13. Fezziwig

Fezziwig Member

How does the Einstein compare to say the Herbert or VH4? Is it a 3-channel amp?

14. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

The Einstein is a 2 channel amp, BUT channel one has three modes (not foot switchable)... Clean, Texas and Mega.

Einstein, to me, is really a departure from Herbert and VH4. Herbert and VH4 have the very modern Diezel trade mark sounds that they are known for. I'm more of a classic tone guy... Germino, Dr. Z, Fuchs, Victoria, etc. I discovered that I could coax out all my favorite tones from the Einstein. Does it sound exactly like a Plexi, BF, or Tweed? No, but very close... just like any other amp company that's trying to capture those classic tones... Diezel has their own take.

Even the brutal Channel 2 has a classic flavor. I mean the Mesa Rectifiers have been around for quite some time, so has the Soldano SLO100, Bogner XTC... I consider all these high gain classics. Einstein keeps up!

50W also makes it easier for me to tame the volume.

The Einstein may have a modern look, but it's all about getting that classic tone on the inside.

15. Colt

Colt Member

This amp is bad ass like a mofo. I played one at Guitar Center (yeah, our guitar center in Dallas is a dealer..not used, brand new) thru a diezel 4x12 last week....amazing.....

strangly enough, I liked it best with a 59' single cut jr. reissue custom shop....in all gold sparkel..hehehe!!!!

16. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I have a Heritage H-150CW to get me that Les Paul tone... sounds great as well. You'll find that this amp plays very well with a variety of guitars and pickups.

17. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

How is it in terms of squishiness? With Bogner at one end, and VHT at the other, where does it sit?

Does it have the Bogner organic thing going, or more 'dry' like the VHT??