Diezel Einstein question.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lv, Jun 5, 2006.

1. lv

lv Supporting Member

I like the SLO and the XTC, will I like the Einstein?

Does it do big, creamy thick tones with a very smooth high end? Think Warren Haynes.

Thanks

2. lv

lv Supporting Member

Calling Steve Snider....didn't you own one of these?

3. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

4. lv

lv Supporting Member

Thanks for the reply Mikey. I will eventually make the trip out to Maken to check one out at some point, just trying to figure out if it is even worth the trip or if I should just get an SLO. I have a UG30 for cleans, so just looking for overdrive tones.

5. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Member

Lou,

I had one and the other guitarist in my band plays through one as a blending amp with his modded Marshall or Suhr OD100.

Einstein is a little more organic than the Herbert or VH4. It sounds pretty good IMHO. Won't be as good in a mix as an SLO but it will sound good at home. The amp is fun to play.Has some good sounds.There is a mod available to make the three positions of channel 1 footswitchable.I have lots of amps I liked better and actually the Avenger is one that had better lead tones to me. Not as versatile but better sounding. That said you should at least try it.

6. lv

lv Supporting Member

Thanks Steve. I sold you an Avenger, so I know what that one sounds like :) Is the Einstein as thick sounding as the Avenger?

7. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Member

Yes I remember as that is my only Avenger experience. I still wish I would have kept that Bogner 101B you had. That was a great amp.

Einstein-

Great effects loop
    Many voicing options
    footswitchable channels (up to 5 with the mod on Channel 1)
    Deizel workmanship is very high quality

The voicing can be big and fat and super smooth or can get a bit hairy but always retains a creamy sound. Very easy amp to play. My favorite sounding Diezel.

8. lv

lv Supporting Member

That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks Steve.

9. hawkeye17

hawkeye17 Member

I love my Einstein and it does all the things you mentioned in spades. Much better cleans than either the SLO or the 101B imo and much a much better Master Volume. Mega Mode on Channel 1 is amazing and the lead channel is fat/rich sounding. For me, it's almost the perfect amp(shouldn't have to 'mod' a $2900 amp to switch modes on channel 1 imo), but for other people..not so much. As always, I'd recommend playing one before you buy(although you can make your money back on an Einstein easy). People seem to either love or hate Diezels so I'd play one first..check the Guitar Centers in your area and one will probably have one.

10. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

The Einstein takes pedals into the front end nicely also. Definitely smoother and thicker sounding than the 101b, much more versatile than the slo. Real easy to dial in good tones...

11. lv

lv Supporting Member

Thanks Bart - I appreciate the feedback. I definintely need to check the Einstein out.

12. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

:D What up yo?

13. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

Waddup Chris? Know anyone that could do the footswitch mod to access the three modes on channel one?