• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Diezel !!!?!!!

Sir Douglas T

Silver Supporting Member
I've played them all and from a tone perspective I'd have to say that the einstein impressed me most.It has three totally unique sounds and each one is actually very nice I just could never bond with the less than warm clean sound.Very nice clean (glassy) but still too modern and hi-fi to these old ears. -Sir Douglas T

Knuckles

Can you a/b it with a Bogner Extasy ???
I own both. They're built on the 4xEL34 post-gain EQ Marshall platform with a lot of enhancements. The Bogner (a 101B) has a warmer midrange, whereas the Einstein has more top and bottom and lots more compression and apparent gain. Funny enough, in a band context the Bogner seems to cut through a bit more and the Einstein seems to get swallowed up by the bass and drums a bit more.
The clean channels are more similar, both having an almost hi-fi sound (when mic'ed up in the studio I swear my 101B's clean channel sounded like a DI to the board).
I like the flexibility of the Bogner more. 3 channels (the blue one covering everything from loud clean to almost as much crunch as the red), plus footswitchable FX loop and standby. For pure heavy-osity though, the Diezel wins hands down.

PFCG

I am a huge Herbert fan. I also like the Einstein for a more hot rodded Marshall type sound.

The Herbie is just the most balls out sound ive heard. I really love the tone and compression and just oomph you get. It is really up my alley and can do death metal really quite perfectly. The clean channel was also much more than i have thought it would be. Really big and open, and not hi-fi at all.

One of the smoothest high gaingers that can also kill with one chord.

I would probably go for a Custom Audio OD100SE+ before the Einstein, but i am still debating if i should get that or the Herbert myself.

JoeBob

I am a huge Herbert fan. I also like the Einstein for a more hot rodded Marshall type sound.

The Herbie is just the most balls out sound ive heard. I really love the tone and compression and just oomph you get. It is really up my alley and can do death metal really quite perfectly. The clean channel was also much more than i have thought it would be. Really big and open, and not hi-fi at all.

One of the smoothest high gaingers that can also kill with one chord.

I would probably go for a Custom Audio OD100SE+ before the Einstein, but i am still debating if i should get that or the Herbert myself.
I was told the Einstein is more versatile.
The Herbert with it's 180 watts Dude !!!!! that's way too
much for my needs, i'm no Smashing Pumpkins !!!

I thought of the od100se+ but the clean is not as versatile,
on the Einstein both channels can be set for high gain ! right ???
anyone !!!!

PFCG

cleans are supreme on an od100

i think if you were split between the einstein and the od100, id go with suhr, even if only for the service+support

JoeBob

cleans are supreme on an od100

i think if you were split between the einstein and the od100, id go with suhr, even if only for the service+support
Yeah great clean i had a od-100 standard.
Again i think the Einstein can be a 2 gain channels,
i would use another head for clean with a head shifter.

I'm actually wondering about that mid issue with the Diezels,
do they cut throught a mix ? my Extasy has no problem with that !!!

PFCG

I think John can do a double OD which gives you two drive channels. And if im not mistaken, they can be different, maybe one PT100 and one SE+

That would be awesome!

billm408

I just got my PT100 and it absolutely kills! The gain channel has two gain/master controls so it's essentially a 2 channel/3 mode amp. Can cover that open high mid Marshall-y range and also gets dark more compressed/saturated modern gain really well too. I A/B'd it with my 101B last night and it does the Bogner thing pretty convincingly too. Along with a Fender like clean channel that you can push into some pretty heavy crunch... it's a keeper.

JoeBob

I've put a few hours in on the Einstein 100w head and a Herbert. They're magnificent amps. Jawdropping? Well, not really. Cleans are great, distortion is incredible, overdriven is decent. I wasn't floored like when I first tried a Soldano SLO, but I was happy it lived up to its reputation.

The distortion has a really really great sound. I can't describe it. It's not like a Marshall, Mesa, Krank or anything else. It has another kind of sound. The sound is very 3 dimensional, not something you would expect from a high gain head. It's very warm sounding too, and not as tight as a VHT in my opinion.

It still hides mistakes though, so you're not going to ge the touch response of like a Matchless or something. It's not that kind of boutique amp. Although you it's versatile enough for pretty much anything, it really excells at rock and metal. Oh man does it ever!

In my opinion, $3200 for a Diezel head, well I would be thinking pretty hard about a VHT or something else really high end, high-gain. Then again, Diezel can make a VHT sound a little sterile.
Any model in mind for the VHT ???

Sounds great dude !!!!
All the clips are the Einstein ?
I believe the main rhythm parts are all Diezel and the leads are switched on and off with the other guitarist. Dual Rectifier Solo.

There is the lead channel and I believe the rhythm part is the 2nd setting on these songs. This channel has plenty of gain. The mid cut thing has a lot to do with how the other people in your band use freq space. I would think most people would not have a problem with this.

JoeBob

Hey Bill sounds great !!! but it's more in the Badger style,
does'nt sound like it has the same amount of gain has
a Diezel or Extasy.

billm408

Sounds great!!! but it's more in the Badger style,
does'nt sound like it has the same amount of gain has
a Diezel or Extasy.
Depending on how you set it up. When I A/B'd them, it actually has more gain and is more compressed & saturated than my XTC. Kinda surprised me because I was looking for an amp to compliment the 101B... this goes beyond it almost in Uberschall territory.

JoeBob

The Deliverance and Pitbull are the only VHT's that I've spent quality time with. Not as versatile as the Einstein, in some ways a little less warm, but very tight and just great quality sound. A little more touch response I think and the bass wasn't as dominant as on a Diezel. It could have been the cabs though. I used the VHT 2x12 with the Deliverance and the Pitbull in a combo. I played the Diezels through Diezel 4x12 cabs.

I tend to think of VHT's a bit sterile, but not in a bad way. Just in a way where there is a lot of definition, touch response, and tightness. I'm way more into 6L6s and EL34s than KT66s, so that might have something to do with it.

Both amps are very loud, but the Diezel you can actually get away with better tone at lower volumes. The VHT's I think MUST be cranked at least band practice volumes to start getting that sweet, tight VHT sound.
Thanks, Diezel seems more like what i'm looking for.
I'm a blues-rock guy that wanna have fun shredding !!!

My Extasy Classic is a great open sounding amp, i'm looking for
something more compress but that still sound like a musical instrument !!!
:BEER

Trending Topics