Difference betwee sd 59 and sd jazz

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by still.ill, Mar 8, 2008.

1. still.ill

still.ill Member

as neck pu??? this is gonna be pai[FONT=&quot]red with a sd jb
    [/FONT]

2. wgs1230

wgs1230 Fully Intonatable Silver Supporting Member

The Jazz shows slightly more treble and slightly less bass from (x) string gauge. These are matters of fine degrees. Also, the Jazz comes stock with 4-conductor wire for coil-splitting.

3. still.ill

still.ill Member

but both will do lead/cleans well?

4. wgs1230

wgs1230 Fully Intonatable Silver Supporting Member

Depends on the rest of the rig, but sure, they've got as much top end as any regular production humbuckers Duncan makes, they'll cut through. I'd add: much depends on the rest of the guts in your guitar- make sure you've got pots which test to spec (500k-range), good connections, etc. If the pots are weak, they'll make any pickup sound like mud.

I like a "treble bypass" cap soldered between the in&out lugs of the volume pot(s), valued .001mf, in addition to the .02 junction cap between the vol & tone pots- keeps the highs intact when you turn down the volume.

5. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

Funny you should post this, I am right now heating up my soldering iron to replace tha Jazz in the neck of my PRS CU22 with a '59. I have a JB in the bridge. The Jazz is ok but it's a little too smooth for me and I always liked the '59 so I am going to give it a try. Well, here I go... ;)