Difference between a Rangemaster and COT50

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jrigg, Feb 15, 2009.

1. jrigg

jrigg Gold Supporting Member

I have a COT 50 that I have been using for about 4 yrs now as a treble boost pedal. I leave it on all the time. I have never used a Rangemaster or the Hornby-Skewes treble booster that Blackmore/Gallagher used. Can anyone tell me the difference between the COT50, a Rangemaster or Hornby Skewes?

2. leodiditright

leodiditright Member

To me, the Lovepedal Balance is more a treble booster than the COT50. I own both and love them both and yes these are pedals to leave on all the time. Lately I've been doing a lot of rehearsals and recording studio sessions with 2 different bands and my Balance was never off. The Balance is inspired by the venerable Rangemaster, the COT50 is more of an overdrive-booster because it has more gain-saturation than the Balance. Another great combi I'm using very often is Balance-Lo Driver stacked together.

3. erksin

erksin Member

IMO, a conventional TB will give you a more pronounced midrange honk than a CoT50. I definitely heard similarities though.

4. jimmycupo

jimmycupo Member

mullard oc44 tranny?

5. jpagey

jpagey Member

I saw the schematic...