Difference Between Magix Programs

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by wetland10, Jan 29, 2008.

1. wetland10

wetland10 Member

Does anyone know the main differences between Magix's Music Maker and Music Studio? From their website they appear pretty similar.

I'm looking for something to use as an editing, mixing, mastering tool along with a 16 track digital recording station that we have. I don't need anything very high end, and each fo these seem to offer a lot for the money. but, I can't really tell the difference between the two.

Any help is appreciated. The only thought I had is maybe Music Maker doesn't allow you to import your own music? I don't know.

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. straticus

straticus Member

I couldn't get a clear picture about what the differences are but judging by the images on the Magix web site I'd say Music Studio is geard more toward recording and editing audio.

I've been using Sampliutde Pro (an offshoot of Magix) for years and love it. I remember an issue that came up a year or so ago on the Samplitude forums regarding Magix Studio. Samplitude users were a little upset at how good Magix Studio was and how many nice featurs were included when compared to Samplitude Pro. Especially when you compare the price difference between the two apps.

Bottom line: Magix Studio is a great recording app at a ridiculously good price. You get a lot for your money.

I hope this helps.

3. wetland10

wetland10 Member

Yes, very helpful. My asumption is that music Maker is geared toward someone who wants to sample and loop, and Studio is for those recording bands, etc.