1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Difference in Hendrix Sig. Pedals. and Pedal Doc Mod Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Advoc, May 12, 2008.

1. Advoc

Advoc Member

Hey everyone, first post here.

Does anybody know if theres a difference between the dunlop JH-1 and JH-1B aside from the look of the enclosure?

I'm really thinking of getting the Dunlop Hendrix wah. but if I can get the older one for less money I'm Totally fine with that, I dont care so much what it looks like.

also I"m thinking of buying this mod from Pedal doc:
    [​IMG]LINK

for my Original Crybaby. Mostly I just want the true bypass.. I like the way it sounds without the mod. But just curious... has anybody installed this mod on their crybaby? If I installed it and it sounded like a hendrix wah then there'd be little point in buying a hendrix sig wah right? I want to keep my Original crybaby sound (for Tool covers and the like).

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Curtis

2. Advoc

Advoc Member

bump...
    takers?

3. KazJY

KazJY Member

The regular Hendrix and the new Hendrix wah's are the same - I emailed Dunlop awhile ago (right before the JH-1B's release) on this, and they said "the sound was right, so we didn't change that - only the cosmetics have changed" - I cannot find the original email, though this was the gist.

Can't say anything about the mod you want to do. I use my wah as my buffer, but that's a whole 'nother thread. I may do the true bypass thing with this myself someday. I have a friend that recommended the Fulltone 3PDT switch, but you get no LED... http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electro...hes_and_knobs/Fulltone_3PDT_Stomp_Switch.html

Good luck, wah-master!

4. Advoc

Advoc Member

HMMM... it does say you can wire an LED to it. I just wouldn't have any idea how to do that without a schematic of some sort.

thanks a lot!

5. KazJY

KazJY Member

ah, so you can - I didn't know that. yeah, I don't do any soldering or anything - I take it to one of my guys for that stuff.

6. crazyguitar

crazyguitar Member

I got a Crybaby GCB-95, which was an ok sounding pedal apart from the fact that it lacks true-bypass. Last year I ordered a kit from Pedaldoc. The kit comes with everything needed to modify the pedal (true-bypass and vintage mods), the instructions are well explained and it cost 28 bucks, which I think is a pretty good price. I live in a little town in Australia, and buying this kind of components is really difficult around here, so being able to buy everything in one go was great.

I also have a Jimi Hendrix pedal, and asked the guy who runs Pedaldoc if I could buy another kit to modify it. He recommended me not to do it, as it seems the circuit is a bit different from the Crybaby GCB-95.