Differences between Behringer V-Amp 2 and 3?

futurefields

I used to have the V-amp 2 and thought it excelled at high gain sounds, though there was something clicky about the attack that made me sell it. But I'm thinking about getting another for this project I want to do that needs that sort of artificial but awesome sounding for power chords distortion.

Is the V-amp 3 much different than the 2? Did they improve the overall sound at all?

ltkojak

I actually have both, but I've been using only the V-Amp3 due to the Marshall-y, Vintage-y Plexy models not present in the V-Amp2.

Maybe it's the placebo effect doing the talking, but I'd swear the 3 has a slightly greater headroom in clean sounds and so are the dynamics when using gain-y sounds.

If you wanna get one, get the 3 and live happy ever after. ;)

HTH,

jawgee

Did Behringer ever come out with a pro version of the V-Amp 3 like they did with the V-Amp 2?

ltkojak

Unfortunately, no. When Behringer became Music Group, they scrapped the V-Amp series altogether, I'm afraid.

In certain ways, they were ahead of their time, and despite the pack-mentality dissing Behringer just because, when I was a traveling pro I've used several of their products for many years and literally several thousands performances without any fail whatsoever.

For the record, I still make records (pun intended) using mostly my V-Amp3 and lately I've even used the 2, as it's got several self-made presets that I didn't have on the 3 and they were just what the doctor ordered for that particular project and didn't have neither the time or opportunity to re-program'em on the spot, as the clock was ticking and the project leader had to comply with the booked studio time.

HTH,

Last edited:
vamp 2. looks like battery is draining quicky...eddie Marshall is very good..others, I forgot..
i can bet, the Matchless was much better..than today..what happened?

Tmidiman

I recently picked up a new, in box V-Amp 3. I’ll have to compare it the 1st and 2nd V-Amp, but I’ve always been general pleased with the sound of the V-Amp for recording. That and I have to admit that the 3 is a gorgeous shade of red.

I just rebought a minty V-Amp 2...reliving my childhood lol.

And seriously...IT IS NOT THAT BAD when running into the FX return of a good amp and still makes for a solid headphone tweaker amp that's eqsy enough. The LED lighting that switches between presets is something that other companies needed to steal/learn from.

Vettacon

I just rebought a minty V-Amp 2...reliving my childhood lol.

And seriously...IT IS NOT THAT BAD when running into the FX return of a good amp and still makes for a solid headphone tweaker amp that's eqsy enough. The LED lighting that switches between presets is something that other companies needed to steal/learn from.
Peavey did with the Vypyr/VIP amps.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom