Differences of LTD's

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by plan-x, Jan 17, 2008.

1. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

Is there anyone who has noticed any difference of the LTD's(V1,V2,SR & Silver) Besides the mid freq. I've got V1 and have the SR on the way.

2. cosmos

cosmos Member

I just received a V2 LTD. I like it a lot better, definitely has more bass which I love!

3. jpervin

jpervin Supporting Member

Can't help you on the differences, but I just ordered a Silver LTD yesterday. It's my first Barber pedal.

4. speed12

speed12 Member

I think the basic differences are in the mid range content

Ltd Black - Slight mid-hump
    Ltd Silver - very slight mid-hump
    Ltd SR - almost perfectly flat EQ

Ltd SR also has a very different Tone control also, adds bass and cuts treble to the left and adds treble/cuts bass to the right.

Between Black V1 and V2, I think the mids were cut more in the V2, it was released after the silver was discontinued (i think) so it would seem to be a sort of halfway between the two.

Black is described by David B as sweeting up your amp (due to the midrange) and so has a wee bit of (good) colouration. The SR on the other hand is pretty much as 'transparent' as you can get in an OD.

I think most of that is right.....

5. imjustadrummer

imjustadrummer Member