Different Stomp Boxes

ezra1

Silver Supporting Member
I am familiar with Wampler, Lumpy's, Earthquaker, MojoHand , Catalinbread and Menatone.
Thinking about a Timmy or something by BJFE.
What would anyone recommend by BJFE ?

Last edited:

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
It depends.

Which pedals do you like by those makers, what sounds are you trying to get, etc.?

Look at the Bearfoot Honey Bee for starters.

-bEn r.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
I definitely recommend starting with the Bearfoot route; you'll save a ton of money coming and going over comparable BJFe models.

ezra1

Silver Supporting Member
I like blues/rock and use my amp as a pedal platform.
Really knocked out by Menatone, but I see a lot of buzz about the BJFE inspired stuff.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
I am familiar with Wampler, Lumpy's, Earthquaker, MojoHand , Catalinbread and Menatone.
Good list of builders. Probably Wampler is not that obvious entry. Kind of a mixed bag. The old stuff is mostly good, the new pedals are not so much.
Thinking about a Timmy or something by BJFE.
What would anyone recommend by BJFE ?
Timmy is a must for a TGPer :). Great boost/low gain OD. As for BJFE the value isn't that good as in case of Bearfoot. Starting from Bearfoot seems to be a better idea. Most of their pedals are quite a safe bet. Honey Bee OD, Pale Green Compressor, Mint Green Mini Vibe, amp-in-a-box pedals like Model G, Model H, Emerald Green Distortion Machine. Nice set of fuzz pedals, Candy Apple Fuzz for example. So it depends much on what you are looking for at the moment.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
It's all about what you want to do and your rig.

Menatone is my favorite drive pedal builder and I think his PoPo fuzz is excellent.

Bearfoot makes great stuff. On assorted boards I use a Honey Bee, 2 Model G's, a MGMV, an Arctic White fuzz, and their compressors. I've liked all the pedals that I've owned by them but have sold a great number too (e.g. Model H, EGOD, SYODs, Pink Purple, Blueberry, others).

Wampler always has great build quality and is all about what you're trying to do. I like his Tweed '57 and his Black '65 a *great deal*. His Pinnacle is the "go to" pedal for EVH-type tones. I sold his SLO and Euphoria (although I liked it, just not as good as other "D" style pedals to my ears) and also the Pinnacle although it hurt me to do so (I love but don't want to sound like EVH).

ezra1

Silver Supporting Member
I have had good luck with Wampler stuff.
Dual Fusion, Plexi Drive Deluxe, Spring Reverb,Analog Echo and I had an Ego Compressor that I sold to a friend.
I am getting good compression from the Blue Collar into the Plexi Drive Deluxe.
I am not too much of a compressor guy.
Too many knobs.
Menatone lately has been my go to builder.
His builds respond well to my touch.
Got the Blue Collar, Red Snapper, Hindenburg and just ordered the King.
I hear lots of players speak highly of BJFE pedals and Bearfoot may be the way to go.
I like Kossoff, Peter Green, Cream era Clapton, Duane Allman and Truth era Jeff Beck type tones.
So any suggestions are appreciated.
Oh yeah, my Fuzzes are MJM BritBender, MojoHand Iron Bell and Zephyr.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom